Cruise control

SEAN03
  • 1992 CADILLAC DEVILLE

On my 1992 Cadillac deville. Me and my neighbor tried to pull a vacuum on the cruise control servo. The reason we did this is because the cruise control light won't come on or work. When we pulled the vacuum on it it read 0. We thought that was strange. We took the hose off the servo and I held my finger on the hole. It pulled the vacuum. Would the servo cause the cruise control not to work. Thanks.

Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 AT 6:47 PM

Go to this link for more information: http://www.ehow.com/how_4457570_repair-cruise-control-system.html

Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 AT 6:54 PM
SEAN03

Ok thanks that helped a hole lot. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 AT 7:06 PM
CADIEMAN

Are u good sean03

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 8:52 PM
SEAN03

What do you mean. If you are talking about the link than yeah. Thank you.

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 9:01 PM
CADIEMAN

Did u fix it.

Friday, May 18th, 2012 AT 6:19 PM
SEAN03

No still working on it.

Friday, May 18th, 2012 AT 6:20 PM
CADIEMAN

Does the yellow light come on then turn green when u engage?

Friday, May 18th, 2012 AT 7:14 PM
CADIEMAN

Try lifting the brake pedal with your foot. Will it engage then?

Friday, May 18th, 2012 AT 7:50 PM
SEAN03

No It doesn't. The light doesn't come on at all. I replaced the turn signal lever and it did not work. I looked at all the wiring didn't see anything wrong. A long time ago when it worked. The car radiator got overheated. We went to a gas station and the had the water hose. My dad turned the engine off and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. When he opened the hood and took the cap off it blew up in his face. He had 3rd degree burns. Ever since then it hasn't worked. Any idea. Thanks.

Friday, May 18th, 2012 AT 7:59 PM
CADIEMAN

Remove the lever connector ck for power on the pins where it plugs in. Do u have power?

Friday, May 18th, 2012 AT 11:02 PM
SEAN03

How do I check for power do I use volts or ohms. Also the lever connector is that the turn signal lever. Thanks. I just want to make sure we are on the same page.

Friday, May 18th, 2012 AT 11:15 PM
CADIEMAN

Volts and yes

Saturday, May 19th, 2012 AT 1:01 AM
SEAN03

Does the car need to be started or does it need to be off to check the volts.

Saturday, May 19th, 2012 AT 1:04 AM
CADIEMAN

Off

Saturday, May 19th, 2012 AT 1:17 AM
CADIEMAN

Sorry the key needs to be on to ck those pins for power. Before that lets check the cpu for cruise codes. Push off and warmer on the a/c panel. When u see all segments light release. Then write the codes down. We will be here.

Sunday, May 20th, 2012 AT 2:12 AM
SEAN03

Ok their are no codes on it. I have done this before. I just checked no codes. Thanks. When I check those pins how many volts should it read. Thanks. The car needs to be started or do I just turn the key. Thanks.

Sunday, May 20th, 2012 AT 3:13 AM
CADIEMAN

That is good u know how oper. The cpu some. They are not pins its the flat circut board ck the sodered lines on the board for 12v on one pin?Use the a/c fan speed the low is no and the hi is yes. Hit low until u see bcm inputs? Then hit high for yes. Then keep hitting low button for no until u start seeing c/c on and off, c/c set, c/c coast and resume. It will say all these on the a/c panel. Like cruise set with a 0 next to it. When u hit the set button the 0 will turn into a x and back to a 0 when u release it. This will test all the switch opers. Tohelp u check all the switchs or 1 thats not working

Sunday, May 20th, 2012 AT 8:15 AM
SEAN03

I am bleeding my brakes today. If I get time I will try this today if not I will do it tomorrow and write you back. Thanks for your time and help.

Sunday, May 20th, 2012 AT 4:02 PM
SEAN03

Ok I tried this I pushed the off and warmer betton and then I pushed the low fan speed button all that came up was p25 and then lower. I did not start the car. I just turned the key and tried it. Did I do this right or do I need to start the car. Thanks.

Monday, May 21st, 2012 AT 12:00 AM
CADIEMAN

U were in on paremeter 25. Just keep hiting the low button until u see like cc brake, cc set, cc on and off. When u get there push the apropreite switch per the info panel. Check all the cc premeters.U will see a 0 at the r/side of the panel. When u test the switch it tells u to push. The 0 turns to a x when u push the switch. That tells u the cpu is reciieving that switchs signal.

Monday, May 21st, 2012 AT 1:16 AM