CRUISE CONTROL

1992 Cadillac Deville

sean03

June, 22, 2012 AT 6:31 PM

I have been working on my 1992 cadillac deville cruise control. I have changed out the turn signal lever that has the cruise control attached to it. I have also changed out the servo. It still wont work. By what I mean it wont work. Is that the light at the bottom that says cruise wont come on. I try to activate the cruise control and it wont come on. Any suggestions I have a new pigtail for the servo. I dont know if that plug is bad or not. I will tell you the car has caught on fire before. Any suggestions. I really dont want to cut the pigtail off that connects into the cruise control servo if I dont have to. Me and cadieman have tried looking at the codes their was none. We checked the fuse. It is good. We tried removing the fuse and checking the volts. It had 12 volts. We checked the lever it had 12 volts. We checked the servo for vacuum the smaller hose pulled down to 15 inches the larger hose had no vacuum. The first 2 pictures show the smaller hose it has a vacuum here. The next 3 pictures show the larger hose. This has no vacuum at all. The next 3 show the larger hose connects into the hose that runs behind the brake booster. When I take the large hose of in picture 3 and put my finger over one end and pull a vacuum it keeps the vacuum. In the last three pictures The large hose that runs behind the booster when I blow air in it it goes straight through it. Is their a way for me to check the voltage on the pig tail that goes into the servo. Thanks.

Atf

1 ANSWER

cadieman

June, 22, 2012 AT 11:33 PM

Have u checked the voltage at the fuse yet?

sean03

June, 22, 2012 AT 11:47 PM

Yeah it was fine put the meter had power.

cadieman

June, 23, 2012 AT 12:10 AM

Check for voltage at the base of the steering column to 3 wire connecter that goes to the lever.

sean03

June, 23, 2012 AT 4:36 PM

Is this what I am suppose to be checking. If so how do I test it. Thanks.

cadieman

June, 23, 2012 AT 7:01 PM

Hook all the wiring up. Leave the lever on the floor. Turn on the key.

cadieman

June, 23, 2012 AT 7:04 PM

Then check for power at that connecter by the lever.

sean03

June, 23, 2012 AT 7:24 PM

Hey we did this before The red and blue wire that plugs in to the connector had power. The green and yellow wire that plugs in the connector had no power. I guess the green and yellow are grounds. Thanks.

cadieman

June, 23, 2012 AT 9:43 PM

If no codes are set. It has to be vacuum or a misalined switch. Ck. That there is vacuum to the set selonid and the large hose goes to the brake pedal test by blowing on the hose. If u can blow through it u need to adjust the brake sw.

sean03

June, 23, 2012 AT 10:26 PM

I can blow throug it. How do I adjust the brake switch.

sean03

June, 24, 2012 AT 1:13 AM

Here are some pictures that are on the brake. The top one has a hose on it. I would say the top one is the cruise control switch.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Window Switch Replacement and Test