OK I AM POSTING ABOUT THE CRUISE CONTROL BECAUSE...

1992 Cadillac Deville

sean03

December, 17, 2012 AT 9:01 PM

Ok I am posting about the cruise control because I feel a lot better to start working on it again. I read on edmunds.com about the 1992 cadillac deville cruise control. This is what it says. An occasional problem on this vehicle is failure of the Cruise Control Brake Switch. The cost to repair the Cruise Control Brake Switch is estimated at $19.00 for parts and $32.50 for labor.All prices are estimates based on $65 per flat rate hour and do not include diagnostic time or any applicable sales tax. If this switch is bad would that cause the cruise light not to come on. I dont have an orange or green light on the display. It does not show up at all. Also is their a way to test to see if this switch is bad. Thanks. Here is the site I am looking on. http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/deville/1992/reliability.html

cadieman

December, 19, 2012 AT 2:01 AM

Does the yellow light come on?Remove the small hose on the servo. There should be vacuum their. Remove the large hose and try to blow through it. If you can blow through it you need to adjust the brake light switch. If you can't blow through it, it is adjusted properly. Check the codes by pushing off and warmer on AC panel. When you see all segments light release and write the codes. You may have a cruise control code set and that's why it's not working.

sean03

December, 19, 2012 AT 2:31 AM

I have a vacuum. I can't blow through the hose so it is adjusted right. The yellow light will not come on at all.

sean03

December, 19, 2012 AT 6:51 PM

Ok I I got this book at the library to help me out. I understand most of it but I want to make sure I do it right. Here is the diagram for the 1992 Cadillac Deville. I understand how to do the off and warmer then let it go to the 7.0 because I have no codes. I know the cruise lever has to be on. Then you push the brake my data center shows e.0.0. Once I hit the brake am I suppose to push the low and high together. Thanks.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911