Valve Timing

AL514
  • 2007 JEEP LIBERTY
  • AWD
Hello, so this jeep came back after running fine for a week, pass. Side cylinder head was recently replaced due to #6 having a bent valve. Now I have codes for multi misfire and #6 again. Ran compression test, no compression on entire cylinder head, 2, 4, 6, had 20psi. Driverside had 150 psi. I took off timing cover. Chain was tight, with cam gear at level at 12 O'clock, crank marks lined up. Did the cam spin the pin off the gear? Why lose of compression on entire side with no chain slack at all? Thanks
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016 AT 7:36 AM

AL514
Found the problem. Pass side cam jumped one tooth. Tensioner failed. FYI the coil packs have seals on them, if theyre crap and loose, you will get a miss fire code. The coils are junk.
Saturday, April 9th, 2016 AT 10:47 AM
KEN
Yep that's what I though it was as well, good find on that, did you get it fixed?
+1
Wednesday, April 13th, 2016 AT 12:28 PM
AL514
Ok soooo. Its all back together, it will start running for about 2 min perfect, then shut down,
My guess is (if applicable) since the battery has been disconnected for so long, the security system needs to be reset possibly? Theres no abnormal noises or anything, acts like the injectors are just being shut off, fuel pressure test cranking was 59psi. Within spec. Any help Ken?
Thursday, April 14th, 2016 AT 4:46 PM
KEN
If the security light is flashing then yes, close all doors and lock the drivers door, then wait 5 mins and unlock the door, this should reset the system, please let me know what you find AL514
Thursday, April 14th, 2016 AT 8:43 PM
AL514
Hi everyone, Ok 2007 Jeep Liberty V6 back again, Jumped timing again. Same bank (pass side). Tensioner failed. Whats up with these motors? 80 psi #6 omg help?
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016 AT 6:01 AM
KEN
Are all the chain guides okay? If the chain is slapping the tensioner it will fail. Also did you hear any strange noises while the engine was running?

Best, Ken
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016 AT 7:12 PM