MAYONNAISE ON OIL CAP

• pjdonica
  • 2005 Jeep Liberty
  • automatic

I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty with the SOHC V6 3.7 liter with 80,000 miles. A couple of months ago when I checked the oil I found Mayonnaise on the oil cap. Sometimes when I check under the cap there is actually drips of water on the bottom of the cap. The first thing I thought about was a blown head gasket, but a couple of months use and over 2,000 miles there has been no noticeable coolant loss. Also when I change the oil it seems to not have any water in it. I drive over 25 miles per day one way.

Also starting this winter when I fill the gas tank the gas comes pouring out after the tank is full and shuts off.

I don't know if these problems are related but I have read that blocked vents or tubes can cause these issues. Is there a common vent or tube or something else that could be the issue of both of these? I'm stumped?

Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 11:41 PM

• hmac300

Blocked vents can cause the gas problem, but I would contact chrysler about the gas problem as thee may be a recall for that as alot of Jeep owners are experiencing the same problem. For the mayonaise is it hellmans? Lol. Seriously check your pcv system this may be just a cold weather thing so maybe you need to change the pcv valve and check to make sure the hose isn't blocked or sucking together.

Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 11:57 PM