Camshaft Timing Marks

AL514
  • 2007 JEEP LIBERTY
  • AWD
Need diagram of all alignment marks
Thursday, February 11th, 2016 AT 4:40 PM

JOHNNYT73
Here are diagrams to help you see how to do the job check out the diagrams below.
Thursday, February 11th, 2016 AT 6:32 PM
AL514
  • 2007 JEEP LIBERTY
  • AWD
Hello, sorry for so many questions, But I am on a 2007 Jeep Lib. I had all timing marks lined up, and the book says to rotate the engine twice and the marks should line back up. But of course they did not, both cam chains were off, everything else seem to stay lined up. Would being 1 tooth off cause this, or do I need to have all the slack at the bottom of the chain while installing the guides?
Thursday, October 4th, 2018 AT 11:05 AM (Merged)
I think I answered this before here is verification if chains/timing is correct. Otherwise you'll need to rent a book on this as it's way to much for us to send to you
+1
AL514
  • 2007 JEEP LIBERTY
  • AWD
Hello, so this jeep came back after running fine for a week, pass. Side cylinder head was recently replaced due to #6 having a bent valve. Now I have codes for multi misfire and #6 again. Ran compression test, no compression on entire cylinder head, 2, 4, 6, had 20psi. Driverside had 150 psi. I took off timing cover. Chain was tight, with cam gear at level at 12 O'clock, crank marks lined up. Did the cam spin the pin off the gear? Why lose of compression on entire side with no chain slack at all? Thanks
Thursday, October 4th, 2018 AT 11:06 AM (Merged)
AL514
Found the problem. Pass side cam jumped one tooth. Tensioner failed. FYI the coil packs have seals on them, if theyre crap and loose, you will get a miss fire code. The coils are junk.
KEN
Yep that's what I though it was as well, good find on that, did you get it fixed?
+1
AL514
Ok soooo. Its all back together, it will start running for about 2 min perfect, then shut down,
My guess is (if applicable) since the battery has been disconnected for so long, the security system needs to be reset possibly? Theres no abnormal noises or anything, acts like the injectors are just being shut off, fuel pressure test cranking was 59psi. Within spec. Any help Ken?
KEN
If the security light is flashing then yes, close all doors and lock the drivers door, then wait 5 mins and unlock the door, this should reset the system, please let me know what you find AL514
AL514
Hi everyone, Ok 2007 Jeep Liberty V6 back again, Jumped timing again. Same bank (pass side). Tensioner failed. Whats up with these motors? 80 psi #6 omg help?
KEN
Are all the chain guides okay? If the chain is slapping the tensioner it will fail. Also did you hear any strange noises while the engine was running?

Best, Ken
AL514
  • 2007 JEEP LIBERTY
  • AWD
My engine Jumped timing again. Same bank (pass side). Tensioner failed. Whats up with these engines? 80 psi #6 omg help?
Since it jumped it can be a stretched chain as well as other parts. It depends on who did this and how long ago. Because this is an interference engine probably valves were bent. If it was done by a shop then it should be warranted if done a short time ago.