Engine Stalling

NIKKI8282
  • 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA
Hello! My car has recently been hesitating and stalling shortly after I start it. Each of the occasions that it has stalled, the car had been sitting all day while I was at work or overnight and I had just reversed out of a parking space and shifted into drive. What could be causing this? I have recently had the spark plugs replaced and an oil change where all fluids were checked and okay. Will run for 20 minutes sometime less sometimes longer won't crank back the first time but usually the second time I try to start it then same thing over again Thank you!
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008 AT 6:42 PM

SERVICE WRITER
Did the problem happen just after the plug replacement, that is the problem was not there before the plug replacement?

IF so, check the plug for the correct application, gap and that the wire have been installed firmly with a dielectric grease application.
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008 AT 7:10 PM
NIKKI8282
Thank you so much for your reply.

The spark plug replacement was done after the car stalled initially. The guy I took the car to couldn't find anything wrong with it except for the plugs so he replaced them.

The car stalled the next morning and I took the car back to the mechanic who again couldn't find anything wrong and the car didn't stall for him. Since then I can feel it hesitating and today it stalled again as I pulled out of my parking space after work. Is there anything else it could be?
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008 AT 7:15 PM
SERVICE WRITER
These cars had problems with the idle air control valve I would remove it and follow this guide.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/throttle-actuator-service

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008 AT 7:43 PM
PLAYXX
Hi Nikki,

I got the same problem like you I think.

This morning, when I start my car, everything is okay. But few second after, it stalled. I tried again, the same thing. The 3rd time, everything is back to normal. No any difference feeling as before. Now I can drive as usual.

I followed the guide above and it fixed my problem.

Thanks.
Monday, July 7th, 2008 AT 4:21 PM
SERVICE WRITER
Glad you could get it fixed, that kind of problem can be tough. Please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help

Cheers
Monday, July 7th, 2008 AT 6:05 PM