1993 Toyota Celica LOSS OF POWER

PETERPAP
  • 1993 TOYOTA CELICA
I have recently had a problem with a loss of power. I washed the engine bay and did not cover any of the electrical components. When attempting to start the vehicle it would crank over but not start. I figured out the distributor got wet, pulled it apart & dried it out, this solved the problem.
However I now have a problem that whenever I drive the car and change gears the engine looses power at the lower revs, as soon as the revs go up the power increases and the engine runs well, until I have to change gear. This happens through all gear changes.
Any suggestions / comments are welcomed.

Regards
Peter
Friday, March 7th, 2008 AT 8:46 PM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

Check the fault codes first, just to make sure there is nothing logged, This could be a sticky air flow meter, (common problem)also water can leak into the electronics of the meter, they have a rather poor seal, also there are easily damaged if the car backfires, best option is to try a known good air flow meter first.

Sunday, March 16th, 2008 AT 4:44 AM