AIR-CONDITIONING

• malachy31759
  • Toyota Camry

I have a '92 Camry station wagon. 4 cyclinder. 260,000 miles. I have the 134A system. Air-conditoner cools for about 30 minutes, then gradually turns warm. I will let the car sit for a few hours, start out again, and the whole thinsg starts over again. Cool to warm. My mechanic keeps adding stop leak, but we can't figure out the problem? Thanks

Saturday, June 30th, 2007 AT 11:39 PM

• Jack42

Is it losing the 134a? I wouldnt add any more stop leak to the system. Sounds like you need to find a tech that is willing to locate the leak. If it is holding, could be the expansion valve

Sunday, July 1st, 2007 AT 8:50 AM
  • malachy31759

Yes, we add a can of 134a stop leak every month, but we can't find the leak. Can we deduce that since the air-conditioning it works for at least a half hour that it's not the condensor or the compressor?

Sunday, July 1st, 2007 AT 10:20 AM
  • Jack42

Not necessarily. Have the tech check the evaporator core, it is located under the dash inside the car

Monday, July 2nd, 2007 AT 7:56 AM