2001 Pontiac Montana What is this

DISISJC
  • 2001 PONTIAC MONTANA
Engine problem
2001 Pontiac Montana Engine Size unknown Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Theres a vacuum part on the right side of the engine that has fuel going through it. I know because it what is causing me my problem. When the fuel pump comes on it is leaking fuel. What is it and how do I change it.
Friday, January 18th, 2008 AT 5:19 PM

MASTERTECHTIM
It is your fuel pressure regulator and it is simple to replace, all you need is a pair of snap ring pliers. Feedback and votes on me are greatly appreciated.
Friday, January 18th, 2008 AT 5:21 PM
DISISJC
Tim,

Thanks for your reply
I don't believe my part has a snap ring on it unless it is underneith somewhere. It looks like it has a big nut on the bottom.
Friday, January 18th, 2008 AT 6:16 PM
DISISJC
I went to Rock and found a picture of the regulator.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/145123_pontaic_montana_1.jpg

Do you thing the end with the o-ring is just pushed into the fuel rail. Its very close around the part. I'm not sure that I will be able to get to the bottom nuts.
Friday, January 18th, 2008 AT 7:32 PM
MASTERTECHTIM
Yes that is exactly it. Yours is held in with a torx bolt. Just undo the fuel line going to it. Twist and pull out regulator. ***Try to make sure you clean fuel from the fuel rail and put some lube on o ring of new regulator. The gas will swell the new o ring and make it difficult to get in.
Saturday, January 19th, 2008 AT 7:53 AM
DISISJC
Thanks Tim,
I bought the regulator at Auto Zone and installed--no leaks--
Saturday, January 19th, 2008 AT 3:33 PM