2004 Pontiac Grand Prix engine shuts down

ALLAN10
  • 2004 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
This car will shut down no matter if your driving or stopping it will start right up and runs fine. No error code and its been cked by both a GM garage and a very good independent. Nothing has been found any suggestions would help, thank you
Thursday, February 19th, 2009 AT 2:50 PM

JACK42
It may be along list, but what has been done to it?Usually that is electrical, has the battery been replaced? I have seen that before. It can short internally at any given time and shut the car down
-1
Friday, February 20th, 2009 AT 8:05 AM
ALLAN10
The car has a new battery, the throtle body has been cleaned the wire connections have been cked in bothe the fuse adn engine compartment. The ignition switch doesn't seem to be rough.
Friday, February 20th, 2009 AT 9:36 AM
JACK42
IS it like the switch is shut off or does it slowly stall out like it is out of fuel?
Friday, February 20th, 2009 AT 10:03 AM
ALLAN10
Just like you shut the key off. If you turn the key it will start right away without any hesistation no shuddering or anything. Just like someone pulled the plug and then plugged and plugged it back in
Friday, February 20th, 2009 AT 10:09 AM
JACK42
Did you but his car new or used? Has it always done this or did it just start? Ever been in an accident?
Friday, February 27th, 2009 AT 8:15 AM
ALLAN10
We bought the car used it was in a accident at about 10000 miles. It didn't do it right away. It happened to me and put the car in nuetral and it wouldn't turn over sopped it and then it would start. The car was rebuilt by a body shop and then sold
Friday, February 27th, 2009 AT 8:53 AM
JACK42
The car wont start in neutral? I would start there, either the neutral safety switch or the wiring for it. Wrecked cars can be a rol of thedice sometimes, depending on how bad they are damaged
Friday, February 27th, 2009 AT 9:25 AM