2000 Pontiac Grand Am Idle

PAUL A. SMITH
  • 2000 PONTIAC GRAND AM
I hit a pothole recently and ever since the idle has been a little high. How do I adjust the idle? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Paul A. Smith
Tuesday, April 1st, 2008 AT 9:50 AM

LEGITIMATE007
I think that you might have knocked a vacuum hose off during the impact of the pot hole. Check all of your hoses. The skinny ones, for cracks or to see if one of them is unhooked. Get back to me
Tuesday, April 1st, 2008 AT 12:24 PM
PAUL A. SMITH
I checked my hoses and found a little med. Size elbow. Hose on the bottom of the firewall just there nothing attached to it, and I found a long skinny plastic hose connected to the air filter hose also not conneted to any thing. Are they suposed to be like this? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Paul
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 AT 8:14 AM
LEGITIMATE007
Thats the problem your gonna have to: 1 see if there is any vacuum comming out of these hoses and 2 look really good to find out where they go. Im sure atleast one of them has a home.
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 AT 9:46 AM
PAUL A. SMITH
Thank you so much for your help. So your telling me that there is suposed to be another hose that connects the two? Should I bring it to the dealer to find out what size hose and to see how long the hose is that I'm missing? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Paul
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 AT 10:09 AM
LEGITIMATE007
Well, try to find where the hose goes yourself; first. Then if you cant' then go to the dealer
Thursday, April 3rd, 2008 AT 4:11 PM
PAUL A. SMITH
I found the problem. The skinny plastic hose that I told you about unhooked it self from the back of the manifold. And the little little curved rubber hose that I told you about on the bottom of the firewall on the passenger side is actually the drain hose for the air condtioner.
Thank you for all your help.
Thanks again,
Paul A. Smith
Thursday, April 3rd, 2008 AT 7:21 PM
LEGITIMATE007
Thats awesome paul, please leave me some feedback if at all possible
Friday, April 4th, 2008 AT 3:11 PM