Engine overheating

ASH7861
  • 2004 NISSAN ALMERA
Hi
my car started overheating and I took it to a mechanic who took out the thermostat and replaced the radiator cap. A month later it started overheating again and replaced the water pump. After doing that and bleeding the coolant system the car is still over heating. The head is not blown. When I feel the radiator pipes the top pipe is extremely hot and the bottom one leading to where the thermostat was is ice cold and does not get hot. Even my car heater doesnt get hot anymore. They checked the entire system for blockages and they said they no blockage anywhere. Please can you perhaps tell me what the problem could be
Saturday, April 24th, 2010 AT 8:38 AM

KEN

It sounds like the water pump impeller has fallen off the water pump, I would remove it to confirm the failure here are two guides to helps walk you through the repair and diagrams below to show you how the job is done on your car.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/water-pump-replacement

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-overheating-or-running-hot

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 AT 11:04 AM
SHELLEEHOLT
Thank you for this post I had this problem and had to replace the head gaskets cost me $1200.00 but at least it fixed.
Wednesday, January 9th, 2019 AT 12:22 PM
MAHLORA2
  • 2001 NISSAN ALMERA
Hi
My car is overheating. I changed thermostat, still overheating. I changed the water pump, still overheating. Then, I took out the thermostat, no more overheating. I bought another thermostat from Nissan and fit it in, but still overheating, no difference from the other thermostat. When it overheat, the hosepipe for thermostat is ice cold.
What will be the after effect of not using thermostat?
Can you please help me, What is the problem here?
Wednesday, January 9th, 2019 AT 12:22 PM (Merged)
En it gets hot, check radiator with engine off for cold spots it should be same temp all over you can use your hand if fans are disconnected. It also may be a water pump problem. Running without a thermostat will allow engine to not go into closed loop so fuel mileage will be a lot lower.
SLEUTH
  • 2001 NISSAN ALMERA
I have a Nissan Almera 2001 1.6 Lux which is over heating, what can cause this?

Keeping in mind that it's not the thermostat, the radiator cap, or the water pump, as they have all been replaced, and are working.

Also the heater stops working when the car overheats.
Check the radiator if its clogged-up if not try bleeding the cooling system and see what happens if it continues to overheat have it chemically and pressure tested-
-1
FORWARD62
  • 2002 NISSAN ALMERA
I removed the radiator, had it cleaned, dealer reported it was blocked. I also replaced the waterpump, removed the thermostat, check if it works properly, no problem. The fan kicks in as heat gauge goes over half mark. What I found was that the top house are hot, the bottom hose warm ( can grip comfortably), and the heater hoses are both cold. The car overheats, water spills out at plastic water bottle when driving for about 25 to 30 km's distance, the top radiator hose very hot and bubbling as water pushes out at plastic bottle overflow. Any ideas what to do? Danny
Have coolant system pressure checked for a head gasket leak
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 2000 NISSAN ALMERA
The car due switch off it's self when the engine is hot so what most have been the problem?
KHLOW2008
Are you able to restart?
Does keeping pressure on the throttle keep engine running
What is the idling speed after warming up?
Is the Malfunctioning Indicator Light showing?