Engine overheating

ASH7861
  • 2004 NISSAN ALMERA

Engine Cooling problem 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Hi
my car started over heating and I took it to a mechanic who took out the thermostat and replaced the radiotor cap. A month later it started over heating again and replaced the water pump. After doing that and bleeding the coolant system the car is still over heating. The head is not blown. When I feel the radiotor pipes the top pipe is extremely hot and the bottom one leading to where the thermstat was is ice cold and does not get hot. Even my car heater doesnt get hot anymore. They checked the entire system for blockages and they said they no blockage anywhere. Please can you perhaps tell me what the problem could be

Saturday, April 24th, 2010 AT 8:38 AM

2CARPROS KEN

Two things come to mind when reading your post. First is the cooling fans coming on? Next how are you checking for a blown head gasket becasue the chemical check is only about 70% accurate.

Here is a guide that can also help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-overheating-or-running-hot

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken

Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 AT 11:04 AM