Service ABS, Service Traction, service stability

1WOODMONGER
  • 2004 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
My Camry took a dump, daughter has given me the car listed above. It takes a while for the key to work, and sometimes the light cluster come on, most of the time they don't small read out in the middle of dash above the gear shift, reads Service ABS, Service Traction, service stability. I'm wondering what could cause all these things, would it be needing a new ignition lock? Now I'm finding out that cars have some type of an Inverter attached to cluster someplace. Radio is locked. But the car is legal beagle. Help Please.
Saturday, April 10th, 2021 AT 3:06 PM

DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

What we ask you to do is perform a CAN scan to retrieve all code information from your car. A CAN scan will test all the systems on your car including the abs and traction control lights you've mentioned. Here is a tutorial showing what is involved for a CAN scan:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/can-scan-controller-area-network-easy

After performing this procedure get back to us with all stored code information and then we can properly diagnose these issues with your car. Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros.
Saturday, April 10th, 2021 AT 3:38 PM
1WOODMONGER
Did a scan and no codes are found, but the read out when driving still says all the same stuff. Oh, and sometimes the cluster lights up sometimes not.
Tuesday, April 13th, 2021 AT 10:33 AM
Hi,

I noticed we haven't heard from you for a couple of days. Have you made any progress? By any chance, have you checked the wheel speed sensors? You could have a sensor still working, but sending a bad signal.

Here is a link that shows how to check them:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/abs-wheel-speed-sensor-test

Let us know.

Thursday, April 15th, 2021 AT 8:37 PM
DANNY L
Hello again.

Are there any symptoms with driveability when driving the car or are just the dash lights on? Were the codes erased? If the codes were erased and there are still faults with the vehicle any code will show up again after car is driven about 25 miles. Let us know and we'll go from there since no codes where found. Hope this helps and thanks again for using 2CarPros.

Danny-
Thursday, April 15th, 2021 AT 8:50 PM

Sponsored links