1996 Jeep Cherokee

SKULLIE28
  • 1996 JEEP CHEROKEE
When I stop it sometimes shakes then cuts off. It will then start back up but when you put it in gear it shuts off
Thursday, March 25th, 2010 AT 8:29 PM

LEGITIMATE007
Have the torque convertor checked, usually its the torque converter clutch solenoid, you may also want to check the idle air control valve first. But I suspect the other
Friday, March 26th, 2010 AT 7:45 PM
SKULLIE28
Thanks for the information. How do you check the torque converter and do you have to drop the transmission to fix it. Also do you know about how much it costs to fix this problem. And is there some kind of way I can put my car in gear without it cutting off. Until I am able to pay for this plus I can't drive it to the shop right now.
Friday, March 26th, 2010 AT 11:16 PM
LEGITIMATE007
Yes, you have to drop the transmission, but the solenoid can be disconnected, and you will have poor fuel economy. But you should be able to drive it. Let me see if I can get a diagram to the convertor clutch solenoid
Saturday, March 27th, 2010 AT 6:37 AM
LEGITIMATE007
Im sorry skully this vehicle does not have a disconnect for the solenoid. So the best thing for us to do at this point is to gain access to a scan tool, autozone will rent them, for a deposit and you get your money back when you return it. Even a cheap one will give us a code, so we can be definite on this problem. Becuase at this point we have no room for possibilities. Keep me posted please
Saturday, March 27th, 2010 AT 6:50 AM
SKULLIE28
Thanks so much for all of your help I will try to get to autozone and get a scan tool and let you know what code I get.
Saturday, March 27th, 2010 AT 1:38 PM
LEGITIMATE007
Your very welcome, keep me posted please, thanx
joe
Sunday, March 28th, 2010 AT 2:47 AM

Related General Content

Drill Out a Bolt and Tap a Thread
VIDEO