Intermitently the vehicle will not start.

GFSJEEP
  • 2011 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
  • AWD
When you get in and push the brake pedal then push the start button the engine turns over for the period of time it is programed for the the starter will stop. Then you repeat this start procedure and sometimes it will do this several times and still don't start. Then the next time you try it, it will start just like there is nothing wrong? I had it into the chrysler shop for repair they reprogrammed the flash. This made no difference? As I said it does not do it every time but will do this a couple of times a day and some times has done this for more than 15 times in a row before I left it set then a few hours later tried it and started first time.
Sunday, July 20th, 2014 AT 1:03 PM

Has anyone checked the fuel pump pressure when this happened?
Sunday, July 20th, 2014 AT 8:34 PM
GFSJEEP
We haven't been able to have it happened when it was at the shop. I left the vehicle there for a day and it didn't happened. As soon as I drove it home the next morning it wouldn't start. When it is running there is no power loss or black smoke or anything like that. Just runs fine?
Monday, July 21st, 2014 AT 6:23 AM
I want you to try something. When the problem happens and it won't start, see if it will start for a couple seconds using starting fluid. By doing this, it will tell me if the problem is in the fuel system or the ignition system.
Monday, July 21st, 2014 AT 6:01 PM
GFSJEEP
That sounds good to me. I have starting fluid and I will try that. Today I had the jeep into the shop and we pulled the Totally Intergrated Power Module and tested the #10 pin then used a test light to check the dark blue wire with the orange stripe to insure we were getting power to the fuel pump. Every thing appears to be working properly with that. Unfortunately the vehicle started everytime we tried it and never missed once other than first thing this morning. The first start this morning it turned over several seconds I was expecting it to time out on the starter just then it started but didn't miss a beat the rest of the day. I will be prepared tomorrow morning if it don't start I will use the starting fluid.
Monday, July 21st, 2014 AT 8:20 PM
GFSJEEP
I have tested the TIPM and found the relay located on the C5 conector #10 pin is not activating everytime I attempt to start the engine. I have tested it each time I go to start the engine and this morning I found it was not sending power to the fuel pump eveytime. When I pushed the start button I had a test light on the dark blue wire with the orange tracer line and on the first try it was not getting power. After turning over for 8 or 9 seconds the test light came on but the engine start cyclle timed out. I tried it again the light come on bright right away and the engine started. Apparently there are allot of problems with the Totally Intergrated Power Module on the jeep grand cherokee.
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 AT 3:52 PM
I had a feeling it had something to do with fuel pressure. Isn't technology wonderful?
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 AT 7:57 PM