CAN SOMEONE HELP ME??95 OVER HEATING

1995 Honda Civic

honda for life

June, 3, 2006 AT 5:19 PM

MY OLD 95 CIVIC ENGINE HAD A BLOWN HEAD GASKET AND WAS OVER HEATING SO I DID A WHOLE ENGINE SWAP. I REPLACED IT WITH THE SAME ENGINE (1.5 NON V-TEC) BUT FROM A 93 LOW MILAGE. IT RAN LIKE A CHAMP FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND THEN IT STARTED OVERHEATING WHEN I WOULD PUT IT IN PARK OR STOP AT A LIGHT OR ANY SORT OF BRIEF STOP. THE FAN KICKS IN FINE, IVE CHANGED THE WATER PUMP, CHECKED THE HEATER CORE, REPLACED THE THEMOSTAT TWICE, RAN IT WITHOUT A THERMOSTAT, LOOPED THE HEATER CORE HOSE, NEW RADIATOR, AND IT STILL KEEPS OVERHEATING I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR CHECK? CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?

syncrait

June, 3, 2006 AT 6:26 PM

Are you using the correct coolant. Just the first thing that came to mind

honda for life

June, 3, 2006 AT 9:10 PM

YEAH I USED THE RIGHT COOLANT BUT IT HAPPENS MAYBE AFTER HALF HOUR OF THE CAR BEING IN USE ITS BUGING ME TO DEATH I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I WAS THINKING MAYBE CHANGING ALL THE SENSORS LIKE THE TEMP SENSOR AND THE SENDING UNIT. CUZ I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO. AND I DONT WANT TO GET RID OF IT

macat

June, 6, 2006 AT 10:38 AM

Hum, tough problem here are a few sugestions.

1. Check sensors.
2. Radiator cap, seal broken.
3. Most honda engine timing is important to the over all performance of the car this would include water pump timing. Yes water pump timing check it out.
4. Cooling fan blades cracked or broken.
5. And yes even ignition timing.

Check these items out and get back too me.

PEACE OUT!

Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue