Car won't start in hot weather

JACKB
  • HONDA ACCORD
I have a 1990 Accord that has approximately 222,000 miles on it. The vehicle will start fine in the mornings or on cold days however now that it is warm to hot the vehicle will not start when it has been setting in the heat. My wife can start the car in the morning go to work and then in the afternoon after sitting in the parking lot and the sun the car will not start. We then can go back after the sun has gone down and the car will start. Have you heard anything like this?
Monday, May 7th, 2007 AT 2:09 PM

BRUCE HUNT
Try cleaning the EGR valve.
Monday, May 7th, 2007 AT 2:15 PM
PCHOMINSKI
Looks like ECT - engine collant temperature sensor.
Thursday, May 10th, 2007 AT 7:24 PM
LOSTINMARS
99.99% sure your pgm-fi is the problem. I've lost count on how many these i've changed. The symptom that gives it away is it won't start after sitting in the sun. The relay is located under the driver's side near the steering column. Its "fun" to change. Make sure to get it from honda. It's a big relay with two plugs going into it.
Monday, May 14th, 2007 AT 9:16 PM