2005 Honda Accord Windows Auto Open

SIERRAGAL
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD
O.K. This is a stumper. I close the windows and lock the car and go inside. When I come out all four windows are down about 4 inches each--enough for a hand to get in and open the door. This has happened about four times. Once on a cool evening, twice on a hot day, and once on a moderate day.
Friday, July 4th, 2008 AT 4:25 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi SierraGal,

If your car is still under warranty, get it checked at the dealership.

The car should be equipped with MPCS and it has 3 control units, namely the Driver door control unit, Driver side under dash intergrated control and Passenger side under dash intergrated control unit.

I believe the passenger side control unit is faulty or needs resetting. The key lock/unlock timer control is found here and it is intermittently malfunctioning.
Saturday, July 5th, 2008 AT 7:21 AM
SIERRAGAL
Thank you. Car is out of warranty but I will check with dealer next time I take it in.

I don't understand this "points" business when I click feedback it asks how many points to give you but no scale. Wassup?
Monday, July 7th, 2008 AT 3:49 PM
KHLOW2008
Hi SierraGal,

I am rather new here and I do not know how it works too. There is no scale, just that you can give maximum of what you have with minimum of 1, hope I am not wrong. Anyway nevermind about that, just glad to know I have been of assistance.

Too bad your car is out of warranty. If you are into DIY, there is an MPCS check connector behind the driver's fuse box which you can bridge to find any error codes. I do not know if the data that I have is relevant to your vehicle so no promise that it will work.
Tuesday, July 8th, 2008 AT 7:07 AM