1999 Honda Accord Power Windows

K83
  • 1999 HONDA ACCORD
Problem One: My power window on the passenger side will not work. After thinking it was the motor in the window, I replaced it, however it still does not work. It seems like that side of the car is not getting power to it. The power locks work on that side of the car, but not the switch that operates the window. I also checked to see if the fuses were out, they are all in good shape. I am not sure what is causing this and how to fix it.
Problem Two: The driver side window is working, but I am getting the feeling that it is about to go out. It will roll up and down and when it gets to the top it makes a loud noise almost like a clicking sound. I am not sure what is wrong with it or how to address this problem.
Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 AT 1:23 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi k83,

If the rear window is working correctly, then it is not a power supply problem unless some wires have broken off between the switch and body.

It could be a faulty master or passenger side switch. If any fails, you would not ba able to control the window motor.

For the motor to produce abnormal noises, most likely the regulator is failing and you might have to replace it soon.
Friday, September 3rd, 2010 AT 2:30 PM