Power Windows not Working

CHASB19
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD

Electrical problem 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 38000 miles

Nothing really happened. The power windows just won't work. The Driver's window works fine. The other three just click and do nothing, they will not work from the driver door or the actual door. If I put the window lock on, I hear no click. With the lock off, I hear the click but no movement. No motor sound or anything, just a click. They were working fine an hour before, when I got back in the car, this started. No noises or anything. Is there a code or something that I might have triggered on accident? I can't see all 3 going out simultaneously.
When I use the remote to roll the windows down, only the driver window goes down, the others dont move.

The windows still just click. (Unless I lock them, then no sound at all). Side note, when pressing the window switch on the actual door with the window there is no click noise, there is no noise either way.(Locked or unlocked) Thanks for any help!

Monday, May 18th, 2009 AT 12:55 PM

KHLOW2008

Testing of the circuits would involve use of test lamps, DVOM and removal of switches , panels etc. If the above items are available andyour are comfortable with wire circuit testing, we are set to go.

From the symptoms described, it could be power is not getting to the other windows from the driver door.

I have the circuit diagram here. Go thhrough them to get an understanding of the system and check the fuses and wire socket connectors, especially between doors, and see if you have ant new discovery. Any other questions, just reply to question and I will get back to you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PWCircuit05Accord01a_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PWCircuit05Accord01b_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PWCircuit05Accord02a_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PWCircuit05Accord02b_1.jpg

The power windows are connected to the driver door multiplex control unit and this unit seems to be the cause of the problem.

Try resetting to see if it works.

RESETTING THE POWER WINDOW
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
2. Move the driver's window all the way down by using the driver's window DOWN switch.
3. Open the driver's door.

NOTE: steps 4 - 7 must be done within 5 seconds of each other.

4. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
5. Push and hold the driver's window DOWN switch.
6. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
7. Release the driver's window DOWN switch.
8. Repeat steps 4 - 7 three more times.
9. Wait 1 second.
10. Confirm that AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN do not work. If AUTO UP and DOWN work, go back to step 1.
11. Move the driver's window all the way down by holding the driver's window DOWN switch to the AUTO DOWN position.
12. Pull up and hold the driver's window UP switch to the AUTO UP position until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.
13. Confirm that the power window master switch is reset by using the driver's window AUTO UP and DOWN function.

If the window still does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure several times, paying close attention to the 5 second time limit between steps. If it still does not work, go to B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A.

+1
Wednesday, May 27th, 2009 AT 6:21 PM
CHASB19

I chased it down to the PW-relay. The relay works, the drivers master control is not telling it to activate. Ran jumpers and windows work fine. Looks like I need a $280.00 control unit.
Thanks for all your help!
Charlie

-1
Wednesday, June 24th, 2009 AT 9:34 AM
KHLOW2008

Hi Charlie,

Glad that you are able to diagnose the fault.

The control unit do give way at times but it usually is due to bad contacts. If you are adventurous, try removing the unit and checking through the printed circuit board. Look out for cracked solders and resolr them if any found, you might save yourself $ 280 ;)

Good luck.

-1
Wednesday, June 24th, 2009 AT 12:28 PM
JFRANCKE
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD

2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 30000 miles

The switch to lock all windows execpt driver window does not word. The window switch is good and the dealer told me he needs to change the Driver Fuse Box part# 38200-SDA-A01. Can I do that and how long should it take?

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 AT 11:11 AM (Merged)
KHLOW2008

Hi jfrancke,

Thank you for the donation.

Replacement of the fusebox is not very difficult and can be accomplished if you are a DIY person.

Time should be about an hour. It is the MICU unit as shown in the diagram.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_MultiPlex05AccordFig01_1.jpg

+1
STEVER483
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD

2005 Honda Accord 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 58,000 miles

I have a 2 Door 2005 Honda Accord and the driver's side window does not work. Before it stopped working all together it would work one time and not the next.
The passenger side works fine
I checked all the fuses under the dash and they are ok.
What else would you recommend that I check.
Are Honda's known for having problems with the Master Control Switch?

Steve

KHLOW2008

Hi Steve,

The master switch seldom fails for Honda.

It could be a faulty window motor or its wiring connections. To verify if it is the motor, remove the door panel and test the motor by applying battery voltage to the motor wire terminals.

BENJIE0
  • 2007 HONDA ACCORD

My battery recently died and I had to get a jump. The jump worked fine, but now all the windows except the driver's side are not working. Took it to the dealer, not a fuse issue. Do the windows have to be reset after a battery failure?

Yes try to follow these steps in pics.

JANIYAH06
  • 2006 HONDA ACCORD

2006 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My driver window goes up/down but none of the other windows go up/down. The other three stopped working at the exact same time and when I use the master switch for the three that don't work I hear a clicking noise from each one.
What iss that and how can I fix it?

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 AT 11:12 AM (Merged)
KHLOW2008

Hi janiyah06,

At the driver master switch panel there is switch for disabling the other 3 windows. Check if it has been accidentally turned off to disable the other 3 windows.

KIM AHRENS

I have the exact same problem and the windows are not locked. This just happened last week and I checked the fuses which are all good. I am wondering if it is the switch. Have you figured out the problem yet?

2CARPROS KEN

Yes the main window switch fixed the problem for this car.

Please use 2CarPros anytime, we are here to help and tell a friend.

Cheers, Ken

Thursday, May 4th, 2017 AT 12:23 PM