2004 Honda Accord Window and Lock

MASTROCHR
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD
Hi,
My driver's side window is off the track. It wobbles when I put it down, but goes up pretty smoothly. Do I have to take the door off and reset the window on the track or is there an easier way to do it?

Also, my passenger side lock (it's a coupe) decided to stop working yesterday. Whether I unlock the car with the keyless entry or with the door unlock button inside, it won't go down or up. I have to manually slide over and lock/unlock it. It this because of something in the lock, the switch, or something else I'm not thinking of?

Thank you!
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009 AT 9:07 AM

KHLOW2008
Hi mastrochr,

The door glass movement could be due to bad runchannels. Try spraying some silicone lubricants on the glass contact areas of the runchannel and test a few times to see if the problem is reduced or disappears. It is a temporary fix if it works.

As to the door lock, it could be a broken connection or a faulty door lock actuator. You would need to remove the door panel to test the actuator.
+1
Friday, February 13th, 2009 AT 11:30 AM