2001 Yukon GAS/POWER PROBLEM

MICWYLD1
  • 2001 GMC YUKON
HELLO, I HAVE A 2001 GMC YUKON- 122121 MILES- 4WD AUTOMATIC. THE PROBLEM IS THE TRUCK WILL LOSE GAS POWER WHILE DRIVING. IT WILL NOT SHUT OFF THOUGH. IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE A FEW TIMES BUT THEN STOPS ALL TOGETHER WHEN I GET READY TO FIX IT. DURING A ROAD TRIP THIS WEEKEND, WHEN THE GAS PEDAL IS DISTRIBUTED EVENLY AND SLOWLY IT WILL SPUTTER TO 45-65 MPH, THEN DROP WHEN TRYING TO SHIFT TO FOURTH OR NOT SHIFT AT ALL. THEN I'LL STOP AND THE PROBLEM WILL GO AWAY FOR A WHILE. ONLY TO RETURN. LONGEST TIME PROB WENT AWAY WAS 2 MNTHS. I HAVE TRIED ADDING FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER AND PREMIUM GAS. THE PROBLEM HAPPENS OFTEN WHEN TANK IS LOW BUT ALSO WHEN FULL NOW. OTHER OPINIONS FROM POEPLE ARE BATTERY CABLE, FUEL PUMP, FUEL FILTER, AND O2 SENSOR. IT STILL STARTS AND WORKS BUT NEEDS FIXING, PLEASE HELP! THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Sunday, July 29th, 2007 AT 5:06 PM

JACK42
Id definitly change the fuel filter, and install a manual pressure gauge to verify pressure. Could be a pump on its way out. Check all battery connection for corrosion/poor contact
Monday, July 30th, 2007 AT 11:34 AM
NINA2
I was just wondering if you've resolved the gas/power problem you wrote about here. I posted a very similar problem that I was/am having with my 1999 Yukon under the title "99 Yukon won't accelerate for 10-20 seconds." The power loss/lack of gas probably doesn't actually ast that long, but it definitely feels like it when I'm pulling out into heavy traffic and have no power! It only seems to happen when the engine is warmed up. For me, the problems started after I had a fuel pump replaced. When the problem started, the first thing I replaced was the fuel filter. That didn't help at all. I had a fuel pressure gauge put on for a couple of weekends and, of course, it never did it when the gauge was hooked up. My battery was replaced shortly after the fuel pump went out (and my alternator, too), so I don't think it's a corrosion/connection problem. I guess I'll try the 02 sensor next. Also wondering if it's related to the cat converter. I'm curious if you've had any luck figuring out the source of the problem. :
Monday, August 13th, 2007 AT 5:13 PM