1998 GMC Jimmy heater problem

BRASSHORSE
  • 1998 GMC JIMMY
Heater problem
1998 GMC Jimmy 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I am having a problem with my heater which has an automatic temp control and it isn't really working. It either blows really hot air or none at all. The air conditioner doesn't work now, either. Chevy garage said it is the automatic temp control auctuator or something else. He wants over $1,000.00 to fix it. I can't afford that, so has anyone else had this same problem and know for sure what is wrong? One person said it is probably the blending door. If it is one of these, how do you know where they are and what do they look like? Please help! Thanks in advance, brasshorse
Tuesday, March 10th, 2009 AT 8:37 PM

DEWEYG
Blending door is behind glove box(small release top left, bend down spring loaded tab then lower glove box.) Door is on right. Plastic gear can sometimes break. Can epoxy or replace or could be vacuum line has leak. Check vacuum first by disconnecting line and turn your climate knob from cold to hot(or vise versa) if you feel vacuum on your thumb then probably your gear
+1
Thursday, June 18th, 2009 AT 11:09 AM