Front brakes

CHOPPED53
  • 1995 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I am not getting fluid to the front left brake caliper. I pulled the valve from the brake module and not getting any fluid out of it either. I get fluid to all three other corners with no issue. Do I need to replace the brake module as I have replaced the master cylinder already?
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 AT 7:37 PM

AL514
Do you mean the ABS brake module? You are not getting any fluid out of or do you mean the caliper itself?
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 AT 3:10 AM
CHOPPED53
Just on of the valves on the ABS module where it goes to the left front.
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 AT 3:30 AM
AL514
Sounds like the solenoid may be stuck closed inside the ABS module. Have you tried unplugging the electrical connector to the module? That will tell you if the solenoid is staying energized or if its just stuck closed. The solenoid should be open unless the ABS unit is energized. As you said the others are bleeding okay.
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 AT 4:04 AM
CHOPPED53
So if I unplug how do I know if it is stuck or open?
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 AT 4:09 AM
AL514
Well if it is stuck closed you still wont get any fluid through it. You are getting fluid through the others, so they are open. They should be normally open unless the ABS is needed to prevent the tire from locking up and causing the vehicle slide. The ABS pulses the braking system to prevent lock up under slippery conditions.
+1
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 AT 4:16 AM
AL514
I would also use fresh brake fluid, hopefully there is not something stuck in the solenoid itself.
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 AT 4:31 AM
AL514
Also, could be air in module preventing the fluid from coming out, which method did you use to bleed the system? Have you tried pushing the brake peddle gently with the line open to see if any fluid will come out or have you just gravity bled it?
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 AT 4:44 AM
AL514
It can be very difficult to get air out of the ABS system considering how many areas air can get stuck in there.
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 AT 4:54 AM
Have a professioanl use their scanner to open ABS unit and bleed system properly.
+1
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 AT 6:53 AM