2000 Ford Ranger driver's side window will not go up all th

JEFMBV
  • 2000 FORD RANGER
I have power windows, and the motor sounds good and works but it won't roll the window all the way up. It stops an inch short of the top seal. I can still hear the motor working even though the window will not go all the way up.
Friday, February 6th, 2009 AT 1:38 AM

JACK42
Most likely a bad motor. But to be sure you need to remove the door panel and watch it work to be sure the regulator is working properly.
Friday, February 6th, 2009 AT 7:55 AM
RTM151
On my ford ranger the same thing happen. Well I took the door panel off and looked inside the door. Well I found out that one of my brackets that is on the window motor was cracked off at the end of it which mounts the motor to the door frame. This was causing the motor to move out of place away from the teeth that move the window up and down. I fixed with some longer screws. But the screws came loose and it stripped the teeth at the end of the crank shaft thing.
So basically it is one or more of these four things
1. The screws are loose that holds that motor to the door frame.
2. Check the three mounts on the side of the motor, if any of the mounts are cracked I would go and replace the motor.
3. With the window up run your finger to the end of the crank and see if the teeth feel stripped, well if that the case then that is just another headache.
4. If you push the window button and nothing happens and you hear no noise coming from the motor like it is even trying to roll your window up your motor is most likely shot.
Hope this helps you in any way.
Saturday, February 7th, 2009 AT 10:41 AM