'86 : WILL CRANK BUT WON'T FIRE

1986 Ford Ranger

Grizz_Dipper

1986 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 186000 miles

Ok I have a 1986 Ford Ranger 5 Speed 4x4 I was driving home one day and was backing into my driveway and I killed it, but then it wouldn't fire it would crank for ever but would not fire we think it was something electrical cause it happened all of a sudden like a relay went out or something. I'm not sure what it would be or where to start any help will do.

Cranks and w/n start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Grizz_Dipper

Hey I did like you said and There was no blue spark whats the best place to start?

The coil and then the ignition control module

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement