2001 FORD F150 RUNS ROUGH AT START UP. NO POWER AT HIGHER P

• Deergigger
  • 2001 FORD F-150

2001 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

My F150 is running rough on a cold start. Then seems to level out after the engine temp warms. It also has no power over 2k rpms. Getting on freeway if you push the gas the rpms rise but the truck slows, absolutly no power. If you easy into pedal you can reach high speed after a good distance. I took it to a parts store they pulled codes. Said miss fire on No. 3, so replaced plug and coil. No change in performance.

Friday, March 5th, 2010 AT 12:48 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Have you checked fuel pump pressure? Also, I want you to check behind the throttle body. There is a large (aprox 3/8") vacuum hose with a 90 degree bend in it. Check to make sure it isn't broken or dry rotted. Also, I need to know if there are any other codes.

Let me know.

JOe

Monday, March 8th, 2010 AT 5:21 PM
  • Jnovack
  • 733 POSTS

Sounds like fuel pressure or injector probblem also have you changed the fuel filter also check the idle air control valve

Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 AT 10:44 PM