Driver's side power window does not work

CBRASSO
  • 1996 TOYOTA CAMRY
Okay, 30 amp fuse under steering wheel was blown so I replaced it. All windows and locks work except for driver window. Now I checked voltage at the plug that goes into the switches and I have 3 wires having 12v. I’m assuming I should have 4? I used multi-meter and found to have continuity from the kick panel to the Sam plug in the door on all but the red and I believe blue which are the colors of the wires that go into window motor. Is it possible both those wires happen to be cut in between the kick panel and plug are am I missing something?
Monday, August 12th, 2019 AT 8:07 PM

Welcome to 2CarPros.

First, the green and red wires going to the left front (driver's) window will only have power based on the direction selected. See picture 1. Red is for down, and the green is up.

What I have done is attach the entire wiring schematic for you to review. I had to break it into two different pics for it to fit, but you will see all the wires and colors to help guide you. Also, I did overlap the pics so you can follow one to the next.

Take a look through it and let me know exactly which wires you are checking and what you are finding.

Take care,
+1
Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 AT 7:09 PM
CBRASSO
Joe that was really helpful! I ll save this for future reference! Turns out the motor is bad I was a bit confused on the wiring. Thanks a bunch!
Wednesday, August 14th, 2019 AT 9:42 PM
Welcome back:

You are very welcome. Let me know if you have questions in the future.

Take care,
+1
Thursday, August 15th, 2019 AT 6:09 PM

Sponsored links