2001 Dodge Stratus Fuel filter location

AW27932
  • 2001 DODGE STRATUS
Hey guys, I have a 01 Stratus SE 2.4l DOHC and I wanted to know if the fuel filter is IN the tank or is it just by the tank and around how much does a filter cost? Thanx for your help
Thursday, September 16th, 2010 AT 4:54 AM

The fuel filter is part of the fuel pump module. Remove the fuel pump module from the fuel tank to access the fuel filter. L

Fuel filter cost; $41.00 USD
Thursday, September 16th, 2010 AT 5:01 AM
AW27932
Hey rasmataz, I was told by a guy at AdvanceAuto today that they dont sell the fuel filter and that I would have to buy the fuel pump module and that is $214. I guess that new filters are in the fuel pump modules, is that right? Is there any other way of getting this done? If not I will have to get the module and about how long does it take to install the module?
+1
Thursday, September 16th, 2010 AT 2:56 PM
Double check if its replaceable w/o the module, we talking about big time money on the module-see below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_fuel_filter_5.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_fuel_filter1_1.jpg

+2
Thursday, September 16th, 2010 AT 5:36 PM
AW27932
From my understanding and from what the guy told me, he pulled it up and it had unserviceable and that I had to buy the module. Also he was telling me that alot of cars are going to that now.
-1
Friday, September 17th, 2010 AT 8:59 AM
AW27932
Ok I just did some calling around. I was told by a guy at another AdvanceAuto that the pump just has a strainer and that again I would have to drop that tank and put it in.I called Napa and he looked it up and told me that it is just outside the tank and has quick disconnect hoses I believe he said.
+1
Friday, September 17th, 2010 AT 9:18 AM
AW27932
Ok just returned from Shell station shop. The worker lifted my car we searched and searched and could not find any type of filter outside of the tank. So does that mean the filter is INSIDE the tank and how would I go about getting a filter unless its the one that the guy at Napa showed me but it has some quick disconnect hoses and some type of mounting bracket. Is the strainer the guy from Advance told me considered the fuel filter? I dont know.
-1
Friday, September 17th, 2010 AT 12:17 PM
MULDOON
I replaced mine on my 1996 Stratus 4 cyl 2.4 l, it was on top of the fuel tank I had to lower the tank, not all the way and then replace, check edmunds book first, make sure tank has little gas, good luck, Declan.
-1
Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 AT 3:28 AM
AW27932
Hey did it have quick disconnect hoses on yours? I'm thinking mine is different being that I have an 01.I'm going to try and get someone to lower my tank and see if it is there or actually in my tank and if so I will have to get the feul pump module.
Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 AT 12:53 PM
MULDOON
I believe it had but am not sure, anyway why do you need to change the filter, also get that edmunds book, I like the guys at advance but that book does not lie, sometimes I call a Chrysler dealer and ask to speak to a mechanic, tell them you are a mechanic also but are wondering if there is a short cut, good luck Declan.
Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 AT 7:14 PM