Dash lights halfway out

CHARLIE MCKINLEY
  • 1999 FORD RANGER
Only half of my dash lights work, cannot see my tachometer or gas gauge. Lucky enough I can still see my speedometer.
Friday, October 13th, 2017 AT 7:07 PM

STEVE W.
1999 should still have replaceable bulbs. But you still have to pull the cluster out to change them. That means pulling the center trim panel, the radio, the trim under the dash and the trim under the steering wheel. Then you can pull the large trim panel and get to the cluster.
-2
Saturday, October 14th, 2017 AT 1:29 AM
MIKE B1962
  • 1995 FORD RANGER
  • 122 MILES
1995 ford ranger no dash lights - where is the fuse as owners manual doesn't show dash light fuse
Monday, November 19th, 2018 AT 5:38 PM (Merged)

Please check the #7 fuse in the panel. Here is a guide to help you get the job done and the fuse panel diagrams as well as the headlight wiring so you can do some testing if the fuse is okay. If the fuse is good I would test for power coming out of the headlight switch to confirm the switch being bad.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
+3
MIKE B1962
You guys are AWESOME! The fuse fixed it thanks. I will tell a friend about 2Carpros
BOODA
  • 1995 FORD RANGER
1995 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 195.00 miles

i have a 95 ranger when u use the breaks the dash lights come on and so do the runnung lights
KHLOW2008
Hi booda,

Thank you for the donation.

Check the rear taillight wire harness grounds. The grounding points are bad and voltage is using the taillights to ground resulting in the running lights to come on as well.
RED96RANGER
  • 1996 FORD RANGER
My dash lights went out. Fuses are all good, bulbs are all good, changed the head light switch, still no dash lights. What other things can I try?
LEGITIMATE007
Dimmer switch and body control module may have a burnt wire
+1
IRONKNIGHT123
  • 1990 FORD RANGER
When I bought this truck I replaced all of the fuses but the interior lights including the dash light wont work. Also the gas gauge doesn't work. I've heard that it may be the floater in the gas tank but I don't know. Please respond as soon as possible.
Monday, November 19th, 2018 AT 5:39 PM (Merged)
RENAUDTN
Before replacing the sending unit/floater assembly I would make sure that it's not something else (relay, wire, or a faulty gauge).
If the gas gauge doesn't move (stays on empty) when the ignition key is turned to the "on" position, current may not be reaching the gauge. Connect a jumper wire between the ignition switch and the dash gauge. If the gauge now works, replace the defective wiring between the gauge and the ignition switch.
If the gauge reads high at all time, try grounding the tank unit electrical terminal to a good known ground (clean chassis). If the gauge jumps to empty or below, the tank unit is OK, but there is a bad ground between the gas tank and the body or chassis.

As far as the interior light, do you read a voltage at the bulb? You could have a faulty wire, faulty ground connection etc. My guess is that if the light doesn't even come on, not even dim, there is no current reaching the bulb meaning that you have a problem in your wiring like an open, bad ground, superduper high resistance (less likely if your bulb is completely out and not at least a little dim), or your bulb is broken (that would be the easiest fix).
STARNEWS
  • 1998 FORD RANGER
I recently purchased my truck thru a dealership. Only a portion of the dashboard lights up. So I can see half of the speedometer, and can't see the rest of the gauges at all, as there is no light. Do you know how this can be fixed and how much it might cost to repair it?
RACEFAN966
Ok first off you will need to remove the instrument cluster and then you can check the bulbs to see if they are bad or not if bad then replace the bad ones. Other wise it may be the headlight switch. As for cost it depends on weather you do it yourself or not. Hope this helps if you need more let me know.
DAN ALLMON
  • 1996 FORD RANGER
My right side dash lights are out. Would this be a fuse or bulb since the rest of the lights are o.K. If it's a bulb, whats involved in replacing it?
YAMAHA_RACER9887
It isnt a fuse I can tell you that its the bulb cause the whole dash is on a fuse and if it blew they all would be out and luckly here recently I had to do the same thing so to start with you have to remove the screws way at the bottom of the foot kick and remove the screws from hood latch lever and then the first plastic cover should pop off with a pull but make sure their isnt any other screws as you go just incase I ferget but once the plastc is off their is a plastic piece around the gages that has to be removed and maybe a metal piece behind the first plastic you removed then their is 4 screws around gages then you have to work the gages out without breaking em and if your trucks steering wheel moves up and down it makes it easier to remove gages with steering wheel all the way down then replace bulb and reverse process and should be good