My car reads, "engine overheated. Turn engine off!" I read the manual and stopped to look at my car. Apparently, I had no anti-freeze in the car. I bought some 50/50 and put it in the DEX-COOL container to the fill line. The lights went off and I made it the 3 miles home at which point it came on again. I let it sit in the drive for several hours when I tried to run it back out to the intersection, 3 miles away. The same warning reading came on, so I stopped the car. The antifreeze level hasn't gone down from what I can see, so I am guessing it isn't getting to the radiator. Would this just be a case where I need to get the radiator flushed, or would it be a water pump gone bad? The car has almost 72,000 miles on it. Worst case scenario what could this be and what will it potentially cost me?
have the same problem?
Saturday, July 4th, 2009 AT 5:47 PM