2006 Chevy Impala electrical problems with my Impala

BASTOOPS
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I would like to appologize if this turns into a long post. But it started about a year ago and has steadily gotten worse. So last summer I noticed this clicking noise coming from the dash. It would start when you unlock the doors or start the vehicle. It clicks for a few minutes then stops. While its clicking you can turn the vent control dial and the clicking will stop while the vents change from floor to front and then it starts again. Well a few months ago I was driving and noticed a burning smell coming from the dash. It went through this fit for a day or two where all the inside lights would flicker like a strobe light then all the sudden it just stoped, almost like a fuse burnt out or somthing. Shortly after that most of the dome lights and dash board lights quit working along with the driver seat, the seat will go up or down, but it wont go forward or back, I dont know if its the motor that controls the seat or if its also related to the other problems I am having. It seems like all the lights that quit working are on the same circuit. I dont know if its a fuse or somthing. I'm sure its all linked together somhow. Any help or information is appriciated. Thanks.
Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 AT 2:39 PM

MERLIN2021
I am going to tell you what you may not want to hear(read), This will require a trip to the dealer to have the B and U codes read, On these new models, this is the first step, and believe it or not, will save time and money by not guessing and throwing money at it blindly.
Friday, May 14th, 2010 AT 5:45 PM
RHALL77
I agree, most likely the cause is a bad body control module. This is very common in the impalas
Monday, May 17th, 2010 AT 9:51 AM
MERLIN2021
Always nice to have backup from Mr. Goodwrench!
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 5:48 PM