1995 Chevy Blazer 4L60E transmission

CONVERTERKID2000
  • 1995 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Transmission didn't have 3 or 4th gear just sliped. After removing the 3-4 clutches and the the Piston. I found the clutches were burnt, but the seals were good. I cleaned the parts, checked the balls and installed the new seals and clutches. I didn't do any thing to the valve body. Where do I need to look for the reason whey the 3-4 still slip. And why is it only the 1995 tranny will work in the 1995 blaser. Junk yard say 1995 is all by it self and nothng newer or older will work.
Sunday, February 15th, 2009 AT 7:04 PM

M_H_RITZEL
When you did the work on the transmission did you replace the filter. It could be glogging up and preventing it from shifting into a higher gear. 1994 and earlier had a diferent transmission, then they changed the body style, in the 1996 and up was another transmsiion, the 1995 had a one year had a transmission that was used just that year.
+2
Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 10:13 AM
CONVERTERKID2000
Yes I replaced the filter. It goes into 3rd gear but slips. Reverse and 1& 2 gear are fine no sliping, clutcher were in good shape too. Band was also ok.
Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 11:30 AM
CONVERTERKID2000
After giving you a donation, I have yet to receive an answer on why I still don't have 3 or 4 gear.
+1
Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 AT 6:04 PM
M_H_RITZEL
Have you had the transmission scanned? there are many reasons for slippage, there are a few codes that relate to the slippage. ex, 75- low voltage, 73-pressure control, 69, torque comverter. The problem could be in one of the electrical solenoids that control the transmission. Or a bad connection

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/54223_blazer_solenoids_1.jpg

+1
Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 AT 11:49 AM
CONVERTERKID2000
No I haven't had it scanned yet. Didn't want to drive it to far with this problem. What kind of scanner do I have to get to scan this. And do you plug it into the same port you use for the engine? Also like I said 1st 2nd and reverse work fine. Hopefully it is something in the valve body so I don't have to pull the tranny out again.
Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 AT 12:00 PM
M_H_RITZEL
The scaner is a odb II or a actron cp 9001 gm code scanner. There are a couple other ones but they do the basically same thing. It is a regular scanner like ones used by repair stations and get plugged in by the dash. To save some money see if there is any place around you that will lend you a scanner or if anyone you know has one. I am not sure but a few auto stores have lend tools, I don't know if they have scanner though. We have test equipment in the test equipment store.
Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 AT 12:22 PM
CONVERTERKID2000
What else can I do nobody here loans out the scanner? If I remove the valve body what should I look for and how can I test the parts.
Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 AT 1:48 PM
Sounds like a shifting solenoid problem-

Check if you have this connector under dash right of steering column-jumper A to B and read off the MIL flashes.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_GM_ALCL_23.jpg

+2
Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 AT 4:05 PM