SEDAN AC PROBLEM

1988 Cadillac Deville

smumfor

October, 5, 2007 AT 8:58 AM

1988 Sedan Deville 4.5 L with 105,000. Miles.

I have replaced the compressor, accumulator and all the hoses and lines. The car was updated to R 134.A and worked great fo about 2 weeks. It blows cold sitting at the service station and it shows the amber " Service AC" light but works fine. Then when I drive it down the road it kicks out after about a mile. I disconnect the battery ground terminal and reset it and it kicks out again at the same place down the road. ( In front of the Alligator Farm) It has the correct amount of freon so what could be wrong?

Scott

A/c 02 L 300

Ac Will Not Turn On!!!

Buzzsaw

October, 5, 2007 AT 11:41 AM

If you replaced the compressor did you replace the screen, (sorry forgot what it was called), on a cadillac you have to erase the codes, disconnecting the battery wont do it, ac codes need to be checked, do you have gauges to check if it has the right amount of freon? What kinda cadillac do you have?

smumfor

October, 5, 2007 AT 1:49 PM

If you replaced the compressor did you replace the screen, (sorry forgot what it was called), on a cadillac you have to erase the codes, disconnecting the battery wont do it, ac codes need to be checked, do you have gauges to check if it has the right amount of freon? What kinda cadillac do you have?[/Quote: 2bb16dfbf9]

I had a professional shop replace all the parts including the orifice.

Scott

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911