1988 SEDAN DEVILLE AC PROBLEM

• smumfor
  • 1988 Cadillac Deville

1988 Sedan Deville 4.5 L with 105,000. Miles.

I have replaced the compressor, accumulator and all the hoses and lines. The car was updated to R 134.A and worked great fo about 2 weeks. It blows cold sitting at the service station and it shows the amber "Service AC" light but works fine. Then when I drive it down the road it kicks out after about a mile. I disconnect the battery ground terminal and reset it and it kicks out again at the same place down the road. ( In front of the Alligator Farm) It has the correct amount of freon so what could be wrong?

Scott

Friday, October 5th, 2007 AT 8:58 AM

• Buzzsaw

If you replaced the compressor did you replace the screen, (sorry forgot what it was called), on a cadillac you have to erase the codes, disconnecting the battery wont do it, ac codes need to be checked, do you have gauges to check if it has the right amount of freon? What kinda cadillac do you have?

Friday, October 5th, 2007 AT 11:41 AM
  • smumfor

If you replaced the compressor did you replace the screen, (sorry forgot what it was called), on a cadillac you have to erase the codes, disconnecting the battery wont do it, ac codes need to be checked, do you have gauges to check if it has the right amount of freon? What kinda cadillac do you have?[/Quote:2bb16dfbf9]

I had a professional shop replace all the parts including the orifice.

Scott

Friday, October 5th, 2007 AT 1:49 PM