1995 Cadillac Deville A/C problems

BIGGAME JAMES
  • 1995 CADILLAC DEVILLE
Air Conditioning problem
1995 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

hello, I just charged up my a/c on my 95 cadillac sedan deville first of all it is a used compressor first I was having problems with oring leaks on back of the compressor I pulled a vaccum every time I thiught I fixed the leak well finally I fixed the leak now when I charged the it up I charged it up to about 40 psi ok now while the car is at idle every thing is fine a/c blows cold but when I drive the car just around the block the compressor cuts off now if I take the battery cable off and back on it will reset and come back on but when I drive it it cuts off againg. PLEASE HELP IT IS GETTING HOT
Friday, May 7th, 2010 AT 11:02 PM

FACTORYJACK
Does the control panel switch to 'econ' when the compressor cuts off, auto mode being unselectable? Charging to 40 psi, is that a static pressure, or the low side pressure when the compressor runs? Typically, the a/c system is charged by weight, not pressure. Your system would require 2.0 lbs of refrigerant. The system pressure when static, almost equals ambient temperature, so if it is 40 degrees outside, and the system is not running, then the pressure may read 40 psi. What does the pressure do when the compressor cycles on? Assuming you are tapped to the low side, it should drop. If it drops too fast, and below 20 almost to zero, then it may be undercharged. Does it display a message on the info center, perhaps A/C OFF-LOW REFRIGERANT, or SERVICE A/C SYSTEM?
Friday, May 7th, 2010 AT 11:26 PM
BIGGAME JAMES
No the econ light doesnt come on. The 40 psi I charged it up to is wile the compressor is cylcling on. As long as the car is on park and idleing every thing is fine but when I drive it thats when it cuts off
-1
Sunday, May 9th, 2010 AT 7:17 PM
FACTORYJACK
I would be curious to see what the pressure does when you raise the speed. Also, do you know how to access your on-boards and check for trouble codes. If you press off and warmer on you climate panel, after a few seconds it should go into a segment check. After this check it will start displaying codes. Record the codes, particularly ECM, and ACM codes. See if that shows anything.
-2
Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 AT 11:10 PM