REAR BRAKE LIGHT & TURNING SIGNAL NO

1999 Buick Lesabre

savvystephy

June, 24, 2010 AT 2:12 PM

1999 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Automatic

I was traveling today when I was told my rear right side break lights and turning signal weren't coming on. They come on when I lock my car or sound the alarm, so it is not the bulbs but electrical with the connection to the breaks / turning signal. Suggestions?

If I don't find anything out by Monday, I'll be bringing it to the mechanic. : )

internetmechanic

June, 24, 2010 AT 2:36 PM

My first thought, is a problem with the multifunction switch? Your lower brake lites and turn use the same bulb filament, just not at the same time. The lower brake lites are wired through the multifunction switch, as well as the turn and hazzard. All your other brake and turn signals work ok?

savvystephy

June, 24, 2010 AT 9:48 PM

Yep, all the other turn signals & brake lights work. It's just the rear back corner. They do light up when I lock the car or push the " panic" button. Just not when I brake or use the right signal to turn.

Thanks!

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro