Welcome to 2CarPros.
It sounds like the mode door actuator is bad. Take a look through this link:
Here are the directions specific to your vehicle. Picture 1 shows the location of the actuator. I circled it in the pic. Yes, it's up under the dash.
MODE ACTUATOR REPLACEMENT (W/ D07)
1. Remove the floor air outlet duct extension (1) from the floor duct (2).
2. Remove the center console.
3. Remove the screws from the center console duct.
4. Remove the center console duct.
5. Disconnect the electrical connection from the mode actuator (10).
6. Remove the mode actuator mounting screws from the HVAC module.
7. Remove the mode actuator as an assembly with the actuator cam.
1. Install the mode actuator as an assembly with the actuator cam.
- Line up the heater/defroster valve lever with the mode actuator cam slot.
- Line up the A/C valve lever with the mode actuator cam.
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
2. Install the mode actuator mounting screw to the HVAC module.
Tighten the screw to 1.6 N.m (14 lb in).
3. Connect the electrical connection at the mode actuator (10).
4. Install the center console duct.
5. Install the screws from the center console duct.
Tighten the screw to 1.6 Nm (14 lb in).
6. Install the center console.
7. Install the floor air outlet dud extension (1) to the floor air duct (2).
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Friday, April 30th, 2021 AT 11:26 AM