No crank issue?

RAVENSUNSET
  • 2012 FORD FOCUS
When we turn the key, you can hear everything engaging, however the car will either not start, or will start after holding the key for a few seconds. We have changed the starter. No issue with the starter as the original was still good. Most of the time you can pull it into neutral and it will start. Changed the "safety neutral switch" and the car still has the issue. There is a screen that pops up that states "hill start assist not available." I thought the automatic versions of this vehicle were not equipped with this. Can you tell me possibly what is wrong with the car or what the possible issue is?
Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 AT 6:36 AM

KEN

It sounds like the starter relay is having a problem. Here is a guide to help us get started with the problem.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

This guide can help as well

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Let us know what happens and please upload pictures or videos of the problem.

Cheers, Ken
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 AT 7:19 PM
DANIEL KAPPEL
  • 2010 FORD FOCUS
No crank no start. I changed the starter switch, not that all lights on dash come on and go back off. Please help!
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 AT 7:20 PM (Merged)
Check battery for condition including load test most places do for free. Also, try a security system reset
+1
RENEE
Hi DANIEL,

If you decide to check the condition of your battery yourself here is a link to an article form this site that features written instructions, pictures and a video explaining how to load test your battery yourself.

If you need further assistance please come back to 2CarPros.com. We are always happy to help.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-battery

Thank you for visiting 2CarPros.

Kindest regards,

Renee
Admin
THEICE23
  • 2010 FORD FOCUS
I have a 2010 Focus SE couple - manual tran and I have trouble starting the car. I checked the starter, battery, alternator, fuses, key sensor and still the car will not crank. I tried to push start the car to check if it was an engine issue. The car ran/runs perfectly. I can not seem to figure out why the car will not crank over. I now have to manually start the car by connecting a cable from the starter to the positive from the battery. Please help.

Thank you
SEAWILL1US
  • 2010 FORD FOCUS
Have a 2010 ford focus. Wrench symbol came on while driving on fwy for 20 mins. Car did not lose power or stop. Got off fwy to go to store. Turned over engine again. Symbol does not appear on my dashboard. What is the potential problem?
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 AT 7:21 PM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371
Fly by wire system has an issue. Have it checked to verify.

It most likely has a warranty on this. Have this verified at the dealer.

KHLOW2008
An intermittent fault has been detected. A scan might tell you what caused it as trouble codes wuld be stored.