White smoke and bad shake

BILLIOT33
  • 2011 DODGE RAM
  • TURBO
Driving one an just all of a sudden started shaking real bad an blowing white smoke
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 AT 2:11 AM

JOHNNYT73
White smoke would typically be a sign of a head gasket failure. You may be burning coolant in the combustion chamber. Check the oil dip stick tube to see if the oil looks milky, or look in the radiator for the same.

This guide can help

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/white-smoke-or-steam-coming-from-the-exhaust-pipe

Please run down this guide and report back.
+1
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 AT 3:39 AM
SAPO
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
2002 dodge ram 1500 4.7 liter, when cold valves click and alot of white smoke came out from exhaust, seems like it needs coolant topped off more often but has no leaks, replaced radiator about 8 months ago. Could it be a bad head gasket?
+1
Thursday, December 19th, 2019 AT 11:57 AM (Merged)
FIXITMR
Does seem to have those symptoms. You can get exhaust analyzed for anti freeze trace. You could also pressure test system to see if a leak is present.
+1
FIXITMR
They make a lot of liquid head gasket repair products these days. Yours being a mild case is in your favor for such a fix. Especially if it's a crack and not a gasket?
-1
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 2001 DODGE RAM
Truck is running a rough idle and blowing out white smoke thru the exhaust. What is the likely source?
+1
White smoke is a sign of burning engine coolant, typically from a leaking head gasket. Has the level dropped in the coolant reservoir?
SALAMA1976
  • 2003 DODGE RAM
I have a 2003 ram 1500, and check engine light is on and white smoke is comming from tailpipe. What could be the problem?
+1
MHPAUTOS
A scan will tell us the code indicated by the check light, but the white smoke is often a sign of a head problem, are you using coolant?

+2
SALAMA1976
Yes I am using coolant, but it was extremly low, I also noticed it stops smoking after engine warms up. Any idea what could be the problem?
+3
MHPAUTOS
We need the scan done and the code, any coolant loss however small must be investigated first, the white smoke could be coolant or a sign of incomplete combustion due to a low comp or as suggested a faulty glow plug, I would be doing a compo test as well.

+1
SALAMA1976
Well being is that I have a gas engine I doubtr it would be a glow plug. I am bringing it in to the shop tomm. I will ask them what code was given to make check engine light come on. I will get back to u tomm. Thanks
MHPAUTOS
Got yours mixed with another post, sorry about the glow plugs.

Thursday, December 19th, 2019 AT 11:58 AM (Merged)
NATEMOORESR@HOTMAIL.COM
  • 1998 DODGE RAM
Sometimes white smoke starts coming out of the tailpipe. This last for about 3 minutes and then stops. Right after the smoking it pings when I accelerate. This stops after about a mile. The truck does not loose power or hesitate. It just blows a large cloud of white smoke.
SERVICE WRITER
White smoke is generally related to coolant burning, are you losing any coolant?

Pinging can be from a multitude of reasons causing a lean condition. MAF contamination, excessive build up of carbon to name a couple. Thry an air induction service for the pinging, It's good maintenance regardless.
I would try what I call an air induction service.
I like to use castle hydroblast. You spray it into a vacuum line such as the brake booster line if nothing else is accessible. Full spray for 3 minutes, stall the engine with it or have someone kill it while your spraying. Let it set for a few hours then take for a short drive in low gear, revving the rpms to help break it up. First use Castle cleansrite to clean the throttle bore. Try to get the throttle plates scrubbed good with a brush, while your spraying. Use a rag to wipe the carbon out between brushings. Seafoam is another good product, but smokes a lot.

IF you can't find Castle, here is my rep's email:
robw@castlepackspower. Com
-1
I had my neighbors ask me to offer a hearty thanks for the effort all have put in managing this web site. Surprisingly your masterly writing skills has encouraged me to have to begin my own website. Take a look at blog I just developed for web design in flagstaff Az my forum, flagstaff web design. Well, I hope to engage in a chat and start some fascinating topics with you a lot. Thank you - contributing expert treasure of knowledge. This large database is completely benefitial and will speed up things for my friends and I with my ideas. I'm so shocked by the secrets that everybody on this forum. It shows how good you and everyone mastered these ideas. I bookmarked this index and will come back for trending articles. You my friends are the top experts. I discovered the knowledge that we had previously looked all over the place and simply couldn't locate. What a great spot.

Sponsored links