HYUNDIA WILL NOT WANT TO CRANK AFTER I FILL UP WITH GAS.

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

OPEN4FUN6

October, 17, 2011 AT 3:47 PM

When I stop and fill up with gas my Santa Fe will be very hard to crank. I have to push the gas pedal all the way down before it will crank. After it does crank I have to keep it running with my foot on the gas pedal because it want idle. After doing that about a minute it will idle and run fine. I have no other problems until I put gas in it again. I have tried filling it up until the gas pump clicks off and I dont put anymore gas in it. Also tried only putting half a tank full in it and it still did it. I know I'm not overfilling it. Put the gas cap back on and turn it until it clicks and then click it atleast 3 more times. Please give me some suggestions to check or replace. I have rebuit engines and worked on cars all my life so I do know a little about engines. Just not the newer stuff.

Docfixit

October, 17, 2011 AT 3:57 PM

Problem in EVAP system most likely one way valve allowing gas to enter and flood engine

OPEN4FUN6

October, 17, 2011 AT 6:58 PM

This would be the same as a check valve, correct? Is this located in or around the vapor canister and if I went to my local parts house, what would I ask for? Thanks you so much for the help.

Docfixit

October, 17, 2011 AT 7:37 PM

Purge Control Solenoid Valve located on intake. Dealer item

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Starter Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000