2007 Hyundia will not want to crank after I fill up with gas.

OPEN4FUN6
  • 2007 HYUNDAI SANTA FE

When I stop and fill up with gas my Santa Fe will be very hard to crank. I have to push the gas pedal all the way down before it will crank. After it does crank I have to keep it running with my foot on the gas pedal because it want idle. After doing that about a minute it will idle and run fine. I have no other problems until I put gas in it again. I have tried filling it up until the gas pump clicks off and I dont put anymore gas in it. Also tried only putting half a tank full in it and it still did it. I know I'm not overfilling it. Put the gas cap back on and turn it until it clicks and then click it atleast 3 more times. Please give me some suggestions to check or replace. I have rebuit engines and worked on cars all my life so I do know a little about engines. Just not the newer stuff.

Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 3:47 PM

DOCFIXIT

Problem in EVAP system most likely one way valve allowing gas to enter and flood engine

Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 3:57 PM
OPEN4FUN6

This would be the same as a check valve, correct? Is this located in or around the vapor canister and if I went to my local parts house, what would I ask for? Thanks you so much for the help.

Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 6:58 PM
DOCFIXIT

Purge Control Solenoid Valve located on intake. Dealer item

Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 7:37 PM