Car stalls while driving full throttle

KOLPAX
  • 2006 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
Say like when I floor it the car will stall right before it shifts gears and the motor shuts off. Now if I drive my car and just casual I guess you could say it has no problems shifts gears perfectly no miss doesn't run sluggish or anything.
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 AT 5:12 PM

ASEMASTER6371
There is a rev limiter on the motor rpm. It is around 4 to 4500 rpm. At that point, it will act like it shuts down. Does it actually turn off? You have to re start it?

Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 AT 6:03 PM
KOLPAX
The motor shuts off I have to pull over place it back in park and restart the car. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 12:31 AM
ASEMASTER6371
This may be a pcm issue. Have a shop look at this. It is not supposed to stall the motor, just limit the rpm range and return to normal operation.

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 12:49 AM
KOLPAX
Well one other thing, but not sure if has much to do with this issue. I got the p2432 error code. Found out its the secondary air pump issue. My valve that connects to the cat was rusted shut so I removed it for the time being until I get a new one in there. My air pump motor works just fine it was just the valve being rusted shut that appears to gave me the code. So to keep the fumes returning in the engine bay I cut a can and used the bolt holes that was connected to the valve and bolted down the cut out I made to make a seal. I am wondering if not having the valve connected on the electronic side would cause this. I figured what I did covering the hole really made no difference from the valve being rusted shut and blocking the return line. I ordered a new valve already so will have that fixed, just curious if this would or could cause a stall.
Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 1:51 AM
KOLPAX
So I plugged the bad Secondary Air Check Valve back in just on the connector side and zip tied it so it doesn't move around. Now the care doesn't stall anymore, I just don't understand how this being plugged in would prevent a car from stalling.
Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 6:10 PM