2005 Saturn Vue wont crank

CLINTCOSTON
  • 2005 SATURN VUE
The engine turns over but will not crank. Was riding down the road and lost all power. I can hear the fuel pump engage and I have pressure at the fuel tray I pulled one of the spark plugs out with the coil pack and I am getting fire at the plug. Im at wits end lol
Saturday, June 8th, 2013 AT 3:41 PM

SATURNTECH9
Did you lose all power or did the engine just shut off and won't start?Any codes in the computer?
+1
Saturday, June 8th, 2013 AT 5:07 PM
CLINTCOSTON
My wife was driving. She said it was like it lost all power. I don't have a diagnostic machine and it won't crank so I can't take it to someone. When I spray a little starting fluid in the throttle body it will crank for a second then shut off
+2
Saturday, June 8th, 2013 AT 5:35 PM
SATURNTECH9
Is the security light on solid or flashing when trying to start it or with the key in the run position?
+3
Saturday, June 8th, 2013 AT 7:41 PM
CLINTCOSTON
It comes on solid and then goes off. Like it always has
+1
Saturday, June 8th, 2013 AT 8:23 PM
SATURNTECH9
What is the actual fuel pressure at the fuel rail?
-1
Saturday, June 8th, 2013 AT 8:40 PM
CLINTCOSTON
I am having to back yard it and not having a fuel pressure gauge on hand I can tell you that when I press the shrader valve on the fuel tray I'm get a two to three inch spray
Saturday, June 8th, 2013 AT 9:32 PM
SATURNTECH9
Spraying fuel so many inches doesn't tell me the pressure. Auto zone rents fuel pressure gauges to measure the pressure. Also they may even rent you a code reader depending on which state you live in. So itrruns normal on a starting fluid?If so its a fuel related issue. Also ask auto zone about rent a noid light set for checking injector pulse. Which engine do you have?
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 8:02 AM
CLINTCOSTON
V6 awd l. I live in GA and I just got a code reader about to check the codes now
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 9:34 AM
CLINTCOSTON
And the code reader isn't giving me any codes
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 10:14 AM
CLINTCOSTON
Ok I got a fuel pressure gauge and when I switch the car to on and can hear the pump come on. The gauge goes to 53. Then it goes back down. I can't start the car to check it in idle cause it won't crank.
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 12:34 PM
SATURNTECH9
So as soon as the fuel pump stops running the fuel pressure. Drops from 53 to 0psi?Because it shouldn't do that. Also did you get a noid light to check for injector pulse?Have you checked all the fuses?Do you have a test light?
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 1:37 PM
CLINTCOSTON
No I didn't get the noid light. Yes I've checked all the fuses with the test light. Everyone I've talked to is saying its a bad fuel pump. The fuel pump is $478 at AutoZone. I really hope that's not the case
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 2:04 PM
CLINTCOSTON
How about the fuel pressure regulator. If it is bad would that cause it to lose its pressure like that?
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 2:18 PM
SATURNTECH9
The pressure regulator could cause it to bleed down so could the pump. But if the pump is putting out 53psi while the pump is running it should start.
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 4:12 PM
SATURNTECH9
With the key in the run position see if you have power to the injectors?
-1
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 4:15 PM
CLINTCOSTON
Ok lets make sure I'm doing this correctly. I pulled the plug off the injector closest I could reach. Put my red probe in the plug and grounded my black probe. Doing that I got nothing
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 4:39 PM
CLINTCOSTON
Ok I've realized I was doing it wrong. Yes I'm getting.50 to.54 volts. A half a volt basically
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 4:49 PM
CLINTCOSTON
The spec sheet I got from AutoZone says the minimum fuel psi should be 100 and max psi should be 115. Does that sound right?
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 4:52 PM
SATURNTECH9
The pressure should be 48-56psi you should have battery voltage at the injectors with the key in the run position. With the key in the run position see if you have battery voltage to both sides of the injector fuse?
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 5:43 PM
CLINTCOSTON
Yes its got battery power at the fuse. I don't have a stethoscope so I used a rubber hose to see if the injectors were clicking and they weren't just trying to turn the engine over but when I sprayed ether in the throttle body to get it to crank it was very apparent that they were clicking. I checked two injectors just to be sure
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 8:16 PM