Not turning over

KILAANN
  • 2003 SATURN VUE
I have replace fuses fuse box, starter and battery and still get a no click no start I have reset the battery and done all those reset things that everyone suggested
Saturday, May 17th, 2014 AT 4:06 PM

KEN

It sounds like a neutral safety gear range sensor is out. Here are wiring diagrams and a guide to help you see where you loose power. Try to move the gear selector to neutral as well.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-a-neutral-safety-switch-works

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
Monday, February 19th, 2018 AT 4:23 PM
FIGGET11
  • 2003 SATURN VUE
2003 Saturn Vue 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 63000 miles

My problem starting with the horn going off. Then the horn started blaring. We took the fuse out and changed it and then the instrament panels quit working and then it was hard to crank and now it don't crank at all plus I think the tail light also quit. It seems that everthing is shutting down. I hooked it up to a hand held checker and it gave no code. I really hope some one can help me.
Monday, February 19th, 2018 AT 8:26 PM (Merged)
SATURNTECH9
First of all take the battery out and have it charged and tested. Then make sure the battery cable's are clean and tight. Have you checked all the fuse's?Also do you have a multimeter?
-1
FIGGET11
Would that cause all the other problems as the horn blaring and the dash board gauges to stop working?
SATURNTECH9
I want to start with a good battery I think it's probably a bad body control module more then likely real common for those and it control's the alarm door lock's gauge's etc. Let me know when you get your battery and cables in order and you have a multimeter handy.
FIGGET11
I do have multimeter and I put in a new battery. The battery did not change anything. It will crank and run for a little while but when you turn it off it won't crank.
SATURNTECH9
So when it run's does everything work like it should?Also after it run's for a little while and you shut it off and try to start it again does the starter become inop?Or does it crank and no start?Also when it does't start does the securtiy light flash?
FIGGET11
Yes it does work ok until you cut it off. The horn still beeps, and the starter does crank but no start and also the security light does blink off and on
FRANKR
  • 2003 SATURN VUE
Tried disconnecting battery to reset computer, but no luck
SATURNTECH9
If that's the case then we need to get your body control module code number's then I can help you further. You can't use your typicial hand held code reader to read body control module code's it take's a expensive one to do that. Also you could even have a bad body control module.
Scan the computer for code/s-What is it doing cranking over and will not start or just won't crank over at all/nothing when key is turn to cranking position?
+1
SATURNTECH9
Just to add to this one is the security light on solid or flashing while trying to start the car?
DIMORRIS
  • 2003 SATURN VUE
2003 Saturn Vue 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 115000 miles

The car will not crank. When the key is turned in the ignition, a clicking sound is heard. What could be the problem. Note also that the service engine light is on.
MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

If the battery is ok, this would normally be a starter motor problem, as for the check light, you will have to get a scan done to read the fault codes.

DANIELLE HAYES
  • 2004 SATURN VUE
I was driving home from work and had to stop to get gas in my car. After I got gas I was heading down the road not even a mile down the road when my car made a strange knocking sound. Went to losing power. Put car in neutral pressed gas then went back to drive. It started going back to reg speed for two seconds lost power and when I did battery and oil light came on. Back story I have a small oil drip and have had it for three years. Also, three days before ran over a tree that was in middle of road. No way to avoid it. Just trying to see if my car will work.
SATURNTECH9
Have you checked the oil level yet? Or looked under the car for oil pan damage etc?Does the engine crank over and not start or no crank no start?
DANIELLE HAYES
I found out what is wrong. My car jumped timing by 2/3 teeth. My belt is shredded. Have to get new belt and fix timing. Thank you though.
SATURNTECH9
It is an interference engine meaning that it can do engine damage when the timing jumps. Hopefully it did not do any damage.
TREYRIGDON
  • 2004 SATURN VUE
In the beginning of December I drove my Saturn about 4 hours away and then drove back the same day another 4 hours. Had some issues with the brakes, but that is another question and issue for another time. Got back and then drove my car until Christmas time, when we went to see family out of state. Used a different car to see our family. When we got back from our holiday I tried moving my car and it wouldn't start.

For the following three month if I placed my key into the ignition i'd get battery power (radio, A/C, lights all turn on and off fine) and a weird sound. The engine wouldn't turn over, and the sound honestly sounds like one of those engines in a model plane that you would fly. I'm not sure if that was the starter or not.

Yesterday, three months later, I tried to restart it for kicks and giggles. I placed the key into the ignition and turn the key; I got the same result. I did it a second time and something seemed to catch. So I did it a third time and then over and over again. Each time I turned the keys the engine began to crank a little more until it finally turned all the way over and stayed on. I hit the gas to rev the RPMs and it revved up and turned off. Tried the process again a few time with the same results until it finally stayed on for good. I want to test the it driving around the neighborhood, but i'm scared it'll stop. And i'm not paying to have it towed.

Need some thoughts on what the issue could have been so I can be confident I can drive this thing to work and be able to get home. Thoughts?
Monday, February 19th, 2018 AT 8:27 PM (Merged)
SATURNTECH9
If it was a no crank no start then have the battery and alternator tested and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight?