STABILITRAK?

• fdburgess
  • 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer
  • automatic

My 2006 Trailblazer cut off while I was driving and then the stabilitrak light came on. What does that mean?

Thursday, July 7th, 2011 AT 8:21 PM

• factoryjack

The vehicle stalled, and then the traction control warning lamp or 'service stabilitrak' message appeared? Did the vehicle restart, and what does the vehicle do now? I would speculate that the stall is the main concern, and the stabilitrak light was another warning of the same fault. Since the traction control system relies on electronic throttle, it could indicate a problem with that system. If it now is starting and driving fine, I would have it scanned for powertrain codes. This can be done at no cost at a local auto parts chain that offers the service, which most of the chains now do. If it was an intermittent fault, it should still have a code in the system. Powertrain codes are the only ones that a code reader of this type will obtain. If there are no powertrain codes, you may have to seek further assistance, and have the ABS system checked for faults.

Friday, July 8th, 2011 AT 1:59 AM