2005 Buick Rendezvous won't start

MONTAGKNEE
  • 2005 BUICK RENDEZVOUS
My husband replaced the main fuel line. As well as the fuel filter. The car will not start unless you spray it with starter fluid. He hears the fuel pump running. He has gas coming out if the main line. He has gone through 10 cans of starter fluid. He has Had the battery on s charger. He says it can't be a shut iff swich. Because he hears the pump.
Friday, December 20th, 2013 AT 3:31 PM

FREEMBA
What kind of problems were you having with the vehicle that caused him to change the fuel line?

I found this bulletin online. There is also a bulletin at the dealer on this issue. This issue can cause numerous warning lights including a flaky fuel gauge and

Models:
2002-2006 Buick Rendezvous
2005-2007 Buick Terraza
2000-2005 Chevrolet Venture
2005-2007 Chevrolet Uplander
2000-2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette
2000-2005 Pontiac Montana
2001-2005 Pontiac Aztek
2005-2007 Pontiac Montana SV6
2005-2007 Saturn Relay

Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to add 2007 model year. Also, additional information was added to the Important statement. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 01-08-45-005D (Section 8 - Body and Accessories).

Condition

Some customers may comment on one or more of the following conditions:

Engine is hard to start

Engine will not start

Engine starts then stalls

Fuel gauge is inoperative or fluctuates

Service Engine Soon/Check Engine light is illuminated

ABS Warning Light is illuminated

TCS Warning Light is illuminated

TCS activation

Service Traction System message displayed

All-Wheel Drive Disable message displayed

These conditions may be intermittent. Upon investigation, the technician may find various DTCs set.

Cause

This condition may be due to water leaking into the interior of the vehicle, and/or spread terminals, at connector C305 that is located on the floor to the rear of the driver's seat. This connector is not sealed from the inside of the vehicle and water may enter the connector causing the terminals to become corroded. Also, the female terminals of the connector may have become spread apart causing an intermittent poor connection.

Correction

Inspect the terminals at connector C305 for corrosion or spreading before replacing the fuel module or resistor card kit. Terminals can be accessed from underneath the vehicle.
Friday, December 20th, 2013 AT 4:13 PM
TC79
Check the fuel relay on the brain box, we had the same problem and my husband figured out the problem when it started melting
Tuesday, February 27th, 2018 AT 10:51 PM