2004 GMC Yukon Rear AC doesent work

VADIMAS
  • 2004 GMC YUKON
The blower actually makes noise, sort of like a bumping sound, but doesn't spin I check the blower speed control module. There is 3 wire orange, purple and black the orange have 12.83v the skini pirple 0.05v and black is ground
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 AT 10:00 AM

Some of these trucks had a wiring issue leading from switch to resistor. Check for weak and very flexible wiring like it's been burnt up. If so there is a kit available from gm dealers or www. Gmparts direct. Com it's about $100 and you also need to replace the resistor. The purple wire goes to the blower an dshould have 12 volts. Check the fuse and or blower relay underhood. See if power goes to the resistor on lower speeds it may be just a bad resistor as that controls the lower speeds other than high
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 AT 10:31 AM
Sorry isent the stuff for front blower. Check fuse and blower resistor assembly the red wire shold have 12 volts for blower. See pic.
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 AT 10:35 AM
VADIMAS
Fuse is good I ghet 12v the red wire is good too have 12 v just the skini purple wire is 0.05 but you say I have to ghet 12v too I put a new blower motor resistor and it doese the same
Where I ken find the blower motor relay underhood?
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 AT 11:12 AM
Sorry I should have done a better job on the answer as i'v e not done this for a while so taking me a bit to get in swing of things. It is item 5 on blower housing. See pic
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 AT 12:12 PM
VADIMAS
I dont ghet 12V on skiny purple wire I get just 0.05V what I should to check because you say I have to get 12V where the power is lousing?
Monday, November 10th, 2014 AT 5:28 PM
If you are talking about the rear your wire colors are all wrong. Check the fuse for rear blower under hood it will say rr hvac and also check ign 3 fuse in car. Then have a pro scan it for you the control may be bad.
Tuesday, November 11th, 2014 AT 6:07 AM