No power to anything

CATM007
  • 2003 DODGE RAM

I have a 2003 Dodge Truck RAM 1500 1/2 ton 4WD 4.7L SFI 8cyl we were driving down the road and everything shut off no electrical and engine I towed it home replace IOD fuse and un hooked battery for 10 min hoked it back up it strarted fine ran for 3 dayys in town no issues we deciced to go for a drive today about 3 miles from town it did it again I have spent the last 3 hours checking everything I could from fuses to ground cables what could it be?

Saturday, July 21st, 2012 AT 11:14 PM

Start here have the alternator and battery load tested if okay-have the ignition switch checked/tested-let me know

Saturday, July 21st, 2012 AT 11:58 PM
CATM007

Would either one cause no electricial power to anything (cab lights 4 ways radio ect) do I need to take it to a shop to have the load tested?

Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 AT 12:37 AM

Napa or Autozone could load test it for you free of charge-Double check all fusible links and miniature fuses-

Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 AT 6:55 AM