NO POWER TO ANYTHING

2003 Dodge Ram

catm007

July, 21, 2012 AT 11:14 PM

I have a 2003 Dodge Truck RAM 1500 1/2 ton 4WD 4.7L SFI 8cyl we were driving down the road and everything shut off no electrical and engine I towed it home replace IOD fuse and un hooked battery for 10 min hoked it back up it strarted fine ran for 3 dayys in town no issues we deciced to go for a drive today about 3 miles from town it did it again I have spent the last 3 hours checking everything I could from fuses to ground cables what could it be?

July, 21, 2012 AT 11:58 PM

Start here have the alternator and battery load tested if okay-have the ignition switch checked/tested-let me know

catm007

July, 22, 2012 AT 12:37 AM

Would either one cause no electricial power to anything (cab lights 4 ways radio ect) do I need to take it to a shop to have the load tested?

July, 22, 2012 AT 6:55 AM

Napa or Autozone could load test it for you free of charge-Double check all fusible links and miniature fuses-

Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Coolant Drain and Refill Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler