AC power Sockets not working

ROGERLEE2000
  • 2002 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER
  • 130 MILES
I have a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer and my cigarette lighters (ac power not actually using the lighter just chargers etc.) Have not worked since I purchased the car. I have checked the fuse that was listed in the owners manual to be the fuse for them and it is a good fuse. What else may be the problem?
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 3:52 AM

If the fuse is good, check to see if there is power to the back of the outlet.

Let me know what you find.
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 6:42 AM
ROGERLEE2000
I took apart what I could to get to the back of the outlets and all (2) of my outlets have power connected to the back of them but I found this wire in the front of my center console that has a plug on it but is not connected to anything. See attached photos to view the plug.
Friday, December 10th, 2010 AT 12:08 AM
ROGERLEE2000
I also meant to say that the outlets have a wire plugged into them I am not sure if that wire is actually hot or not that is what I was wondering about this plug
Friday, December 10th, 2010 AT 12:24 AM
Do either of the other wires provide power? A 3rd wire could be the jumper to anohter outlet.
Friday, December 10th, 2010 AT 2:44 AM

Sponsored links