2002 Hyundai Accent #1 cylinder started missing

2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 2002 HYUNDAI ACCENT
The car was in the body shop after a wreck front and rear damage. When we got it back it ran fine for one night, then #1 cylinder started missing. I pulled plug it was wet with fuel and I replaced it with new one, but didn't help. I checked for spark it was bright blue, checked compression it was 120 psi, on all four dry. I changed the fuel injector no difference, I installed new plug wire same thing. During this whole time by the way the check engine light is on and the local parts place could only tell me #1 was missing which I already knew. I am thinking its the ecm but its my daughters car and I don't want to cost her unneeded money. Any ideas?
Thursday, October 14th, 2010 AT 11:44 PM

2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
Consider that the fuel flow is not sufficient on the vehicle, there is gas but the pressure is less than it needs and the climbing of the hill etc works against the problem and solely depends on the pump to get the fuel to the injectors. We would start with a fuel filter replacement. If that does not help, we would get a fuel pressure check on the car. It could be a weak fuel pump.
Thursday, October 14th, 2010 AT 11:46 PM